WC loop Improvement

Hello everyone,

I'm back, now with the loop "almost" finished, it's just missing the GPU block (it will arrive some day, for covid reasons).

now it's working fine, went from 40ºC delta temps to 13ªC. I will have to check how well it works with the GPU when it arrives.

I've tried to do another loop first but got the in-out wrong so I had to change it:

20200402_195959.thumb.jpg.8313588d30571f1d0d9a9cdcab335076.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

the long tube it's gonna be cut in half to accommodate the GPU block, and I will change for clear tubing.

my question is, how you will improve the looks of it? when I change for the clear tubes I will try to straighten the tubes so it looks more tidy.

[EDIT]

Finally after all this time, my waterblock is here!

20200514_182649.thumb.jpg.3875a359fbc2039dd0dfb4a505f36634.jpg20200514_191903.thumb.jpg.5afe3ae806610ac7f7820934499c1b16.jpgIMG_20200514_211148_555.thumb.jpg.c00344d02835de3a0b21c6ddcb1d78b9.jpg20200514_213329.thumb.jpg.b46ebebd034a03ab9ea9c6a904b2db0b.jpg

Yessss! 

Dani out. :D

I would grab some more 90 and 45 degree fittings and do some straighter runs.

I would go out of the pump > gpu > cpu  > top rad > front rad > back to pump.

You can rotate the cpu block within it's mounting bracket so you can get vertical inlet/outlets, this way you can do cleaner runs from gpu/cpu/rad.

If you rotate the pump/res around you can get the inlet lining up with the front rad so you can get a nice and straight run there and all you would need is 2 90 degree fittings (and maybe some extensions) instead of what you have currently, then from there you can go 90 degree fitting out to the gpu with another 90 degree fitting.

45 degree fittings between the gpu and cpu should give you a nice short straight(ish) run, then what ever you need to get up to the top rad.

Finally 90 degree fitting out of the top rad straight to the front rad to finish it up.

1 hour ago, Neggy-Z said:

I would go out of the pump > gpu > cpu  > top rad > front rad > back to pump.

I tried to do that, but yes I needed to rotate the block, and I don't want to break it ahahah.

If you rotate the pump/res around you can get the inlet lining up with the front rad so you can get a nice and

you mean point the outlets to the front rad?

Finally 90 degree fitting out of the top rad straight to the front rad to finish it up.

yes I wanted to d that but if I order new fittings now, they will arrive in several months ahahaha.

I will think over this. great answer, thanks.

16 minutes ago, Danioki said:

you mean point the outlets to the front rad?

Yes, there are 2 little screws that are holding the anti vibration ring around the pump in place that you can loosen, this will allow you to rotate the whole unit.

13 hours ago, Danioki said:

how you will improve the looks of it?

Imo it’s not bad at all 😁 when you gonna cut new tubes make them a bit shorter maybe, they will look a bit more nit. Only thing which bothers me is the cables going to the gpu 😂 

I’m using soft tubing as well so have a look on my loop 

D5436BC3-99A0-4D4F-857F-5816EB27E9E5.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

15 hours ago, Neggy-Z said:

Yes, there are 2 little screws that are holding the anti vibration ring around the pump in place that you can loosen, this will allow you to rotate the whole unit.

I don't think I have enough clearance to bend the tubes there without a 90º fitting, but I'll check the option.

8 hours ago, Whiro said:

Imo it’s not bad at all 😁 when you gonna cut new tubes make them a bit shorter maybe, they will look a bit more nit. Only thing which bothers me is the cables going to the gpu 😂 

I’m using soft tubing as well so have a look on my loop 

thanks, I cut the tubing I little longer because I wanted to keep an equal bend radius in all the tubes, but I didn't get the desired effect ahahaha.

the cables going to the cpu are always horrible, I don't know what can I do with them.

5 minutes ago, Danioki said:

the cables going to the cpu are always horrible, I don't know what can I do with them.

I’ve meant gpu not cpu. What you can do is to keep bigger spaces between cable combs. This may do the trick.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

30 minutes ago, Whiro said:

I’ve meant gpu not cpu. What you can do is to keep bigger spaces between cable combs. This may do the trick.

oh yes, I misspoke....misswrite ahahah, I meant GPU. I will see if I have something to improve the combing of the extensions.

Honestly, the loopiness is always going to suck in a soft-line system. You probably won't regret it though if you ever have to reseat/replace your gpu or cpu though...

Speaking as a hardline-for-lifer.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

5 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Honestly, the loopiness is always going to suck in a soft-line system. You probably won't regret it though if you ever have to reseat/replace your gpu or cpu though...

Speaking as a hardline-for-lifer.

well, it's true, but we always try to make what's bets of it :D.

• 1 month later...