Which are the easiest/newest cryptocoins to mine?

Hi, I would like to know which coins are the easiest to mine as I would like to mine on my HP Pavilion DV6 and/or my Lenovo ThinkPad L440. Obviously I'm not going to be making much with integrated graphics but if they go up in price/difficulty I would be able to make a profit. The DV6 has Radeon HD 6750M and the L440 has Intel HD 4600 graphics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Obviously I'm not going to be making much with integrated graphics...

I'm just going to assume you don't pay for electricity, because if you did, you would be burning money. 

I suggest Feathercoin, Dogecoin, or FlappyCoin (whichever one). 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm just going to assume you don't pay for electricity, because if you did, you would be burning money. 

FlappyCoin? Seriously..

These people take all this not serious do they?

FlappyCoin? Seriously..

These people take all this not serious do they?

Oh, completely serious. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464743

Look at the FLAP tab:

https://www.allcoin.com/

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeh, well I can charge my Lenovo at school so yeh :P. Thanks for the suggestion, saw a thread about Flappy Coin being released, tbh I died a little inside.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Definitely needs to happen. 

I would advise you not to mine on a laptop.  The heat and constant strain is too much for the small form factor, you will likely end up killing your device.  

New coins are created daily, everything is open-source and free.  If you can figure out a copy/paste command, you can create your own coin.  A new/easy to mine coin does not give it value because it exists, value is built up over time based on the free market adoption.  If you are wanting to mine, research and find a coin which you want to support and mine it.  If you only want "max profit" try a multi-coin mining pool that switches between various coins to keep you constantly mining the most profitable coin.

Instead of risking your laptop and other devices which will cost more to run than you could possibly earn.  Consider making small purchase of coins and holding/trading them.  Buying even $20 worth of Bitcoins now would likely be the equivalent of mining 24/7 for several+ months with your laptop.  Even longer if the price and difficulty increases.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I would advise you not to mine on a laptop.  The heat and constant strain is too much for the small form factor, you will likely end up killing your device.  

New coins are created daily, everything is open-source and free.  If you can figure out a copy/paste command, you can create your own coin.  A new/easy to mine coin does not give it value because it exists, value is built up over time based on the free market adoption.  If you are wanting to mine, research and find a coin which you want to support and mine it.  If you only want "max profit" try a multi-coin mining pool that switches between various coins to keep you constantly mining the most profitable coin.

Instead of risking your laptop and other devices which will cost more to run than you could possibly earn.  Consider making small purchase of coins and holding/trading them.  Buying even $20 worth of Bitcoins now would likely be the equivalent of mining 24/7 for several+ months with your laptop.  Even longer if the price and difficulty increases.

That's what I thought of doing earlier but I don't need my HP and I can easily get warranty for my Lenovo, I only want to be mining for about 4-6 hours a day and that's right next to a desk fan in an am conditioned room. So for me electricity and heat isn't a problem, the only thing I would like to figure out is which coins are really way to mine so that they can actually mine them. The HP is screwed anyways, it may as well do something half decent for next half a year.

That's what I thought of doing earlier but I don't need my HP and I can easily get warranty for my Lenovo, I only want to be mining for about 4-6 hours a day and that's right next to a desk fan in an am conditioned room. So for me electricity and heat isn't a problem, the only thing I would like to figure out is which coins are really way to mine so that they can actually mine them. The HP is screwed anyways, it may as well do something half decent for next half a year.

The hashrate would be so low and likely to kill your laptop I still wouldn't recommend doing it.

You can find an estimate of various hardware hashrates here https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Using that hashrate you can enter the specs of a prospective coin into a calculator and get a rough estimate of current potential.

I'd still recommend either using a multi coin mining pool which will automatically switch to try and make sure you are always mining the most profitable coins.  Outside of that, look into the various coins available and find one which you personally like the ideology, community, and purpose of the coin and mine it. 

Here's a couple multi coin pools.

https://hashco.ws/

http://www.middlecoin.com/

https://www.multipool.us/

http://wafflepool.com/

There are many others, but that all aim at doing the same thing.  Auto switching between coins to maximize profits and payout in either various coins, or auto-trade and payout in Bitcoins directly.

If you are wanting to try and jump on the newest coins as they get announced you can watch for new coins here.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 Be very careful with what you download, a new coins wallet can easily contain malware, when possible check and compile from the source.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

The hashrate would be so low and likely to kill your laptop I still wouldn't recommend doing it.

You can find an estimate of various hardware hashrates here https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Using that hashrate you can enter the specs of a prospective coin into a calculator and get a rough estimate of current potential.

I'd still recommend either using a multi coin mining pool which will automatically switch to try and make sure you are always mining the most profitable coins.  Outside of that, look into the various coins available and find one which you personally like the ideology, community, and purpose of the coin and mine it. 

Here's a couple multi coin pools.

https://hashco.ws/

http://www.middlecoin.com/

https://www.multipool.us/

http://wafflepool.com/

There are many others, but that all aim at doing the same thing.  Auto switching between coins to maximize profits and payout in either various coins, or auto-trade and payout in Bitcoins directly.

If you are wanting to try and jump on the newest coins as they get announced you can watch for new coins here.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 Be very careful with what you download, a new coins wallet can easily contain malware, when possible check and compile from the source.

Ok, thanks for all of the help, you've been awesome. I'll put some more thought into it first. 

You have to be on BitcoinTalk a lot to find the new coins with no PRE-ANN, most PRE-ANN coins get instamined and leaves an unfair launch to the little guys with small rigs.

If you can monitor the Altcoin announcement section on BitcoinTalk and find coins just launched with a difficulty lower than 1 then mining with your laptop would then become profitable if you're willing to wait for the coin to gain value if it ever does.

I've mined coins in the past and made back 5x the money I put into the GPU, now I just mine coins that I believe will be the next 'big coin'. FlappyCoin is my latest one but it's too late to mine now.

I'm currently just reinvesting the money I've made by mining.

Invest some money into buying Bitcoin and I'm pretty sure a few people on here will give you a few tips on how to make money with it rather than destroying your laptop.

You have to be on BitcoinTalk a lot to find the new coins with no PRE-ANN, most PRE-ANN coins get instamined and leaves an unfair launch to the little guys with small rigs.

If you can monitor the Altcoin announcement section on BitcoinTalk and find coins just launched with a difficulty lower than 1 then mining with your laptop would then become profitable if you're willing to wait for the coin to gain value if it ever does.

I've mined coins in the past and made back 5x the money I put into the GPU, now I just mine coins that I believe will be the next 'big coin'. FlappyCoin is my latest one but it's too late to mine now.

I'm currently just reinvesting the money I've made by mining.

Invest some money into buying Bitcoin and I'm pretty sure a few people on here will give you a few tips on how to make money with it rather than destroying your laptop.

But I don't need my DV6, turns out that I'm not able to use my Lenovo which would probably be about twice as good. I'm trying to get about $20, then with that money I can buy either shares in the stock market or I can go to cryptocoins. That way if I loose money I haven't really lost that much as my DV6 is already near obselete, I still wonder how it can run MW3. You may think that $20 is hardly anything and it won't get me anywhere but I think of it as just getting free money in a sense as I don't use my DV6 at all now.

But I don't need my DV6, turns out that I'm not able to use my Lenovo which would probably be about twice as good. I'm trying to get about $20, then with that money I can buy either shares in the stock market or I can go to cryptocoins. That way if I loose money I haven't really lost that much as my DV6 is already near obselete, I still wonder how it can run MW3. You may think that $20 is hardly anything and it won't get me anywhere but I think of it as just getting free money in a sense as I don't use my DV6 at all now.

Don't put it into stocks, so much harder to make a good return. I'm not stock expert, but with stocks you need to either invest in a low costing stock and wait for it to rise, or have a load of stock in a large company and day trade it.

With $20 you can make a lot more in a shorter time frame with crypto, I turned $10 into $100 a few weeks back.

As always, don't put in what you can't lose. It gets addicting but when you're just trading with profit it isn't as bad if you lose it all.

Don't put it into stocks, so much harder to make a good return. I'm not stock expert, but with stocks you need to either invest in a low costing stock and wait for it to rise, or have a load of stock in a large company and day trade it.

With $20 you can make a lot more in a shorter time frame with crypto, I turned $10 into $100 a few weeks back.

As always, don't put in what you can't lose. It gets addicting but when you're just trading with profit it isn't as bad if you lose it all.

Yeh, I'm not into stocks, and come to think of it a little more you make a world of sense. It doesn't need to be in a short time frame, I'll likely mine until the laptop dies. I probably won't just put in the $20 I make, instead I might put in another $30 which isn't much for me as I generally have no expenses. I'll look into which coins I should mine, then I'll figure out how I'm to put everything together to get it working.