Best Way to Transport My Rig/Monitor?

I just got my rig done and will now be able to game my little heart out!  I want to know what the best way to bring my Tower/Monitor to and from my friends houses and all that.  I will also be leaving for college in about six months and I want to know what the best way to transport my stuff is.  

Thanks!

Setup

CPU: i7 10700K Cooled By Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White Edition | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC | MOBO: MSI MPG Z490M |

MEMORY: 32 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB White CASE: White Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W SFX | 

STORAGE: 2 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 MONITOR: ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow V3 W/ Yellow Switches and Logitech G604 | OTHER: 8x White Corsair iCue QL120 and White Cable Extensions 

Add me on Steam!

In a car.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Carefully.
It depends on you rig though. Rig details???
You would transport a water cooled rig differently to just and air cooled one.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

In a car.

Oh thanks dude!

Setup

CPU: i7 10700K Cooled By Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White Edition | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC | MOBO: MSI MPG Z490M |

MEMORY: 32 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB White CASE: White Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W SFX | 

STORAGE: 2 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 MONITOR: ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow V3 W/ Yellow Switches and Logitech G604 | OTHER: 8x White Corsair iCue QL120 and White Cable Extensions 

Add me on Steam!

Thanks!

The way I had to transport mine was to put everything back in its original box and ship it that way. If you have a water cooled PC, drain the loop before sending it and then put it in the original case packaging. That was how a friend of mine sent his and it was sent from Texas to Kentucky no issues.

//ccap

Carefully.

It depends on you rig though. Rig details???

You would transport a water cooled rig differently to just and air cooled one.

• Intel i7-4770k
  • Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
  • MSI Z87-G45 MOBO
  • 8GB of Corsair Vengeance Ram (1866mhz)
  • 120gb Samsung Evo SSD
  • 2TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked
  • Corsair C70 Black Case
  • 3 Corsair AF120 Fans
  • Corsair 750W PSU
  • WIndows 8.1
  • Asus 23.6" 1080p Monitor
  • Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard
  • Corsair Raptor M45 Mouse

Setup

Add me on Steam!

If You still have the case box, use that 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

• Intel i7-4770k
  • Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
  • MSI Z87-G45 MOBO
  • 8GB of Corsair Vengeance Ram (1866mhz)
  • 120gb Samsung Evo SSD
  • 2TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked
  • Corsair C70 Black Case
  • 3 Corsair AF120 Fans
  • Corsair 750W PSU
  • WIndows 8.1
  • Asus 23.6" 1080p Monitor
  • Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard
  • Corsair Raptor M45 Mouse

If You still have the case box, use that 

yep, you beat me to it. Then you could just add some extra padding if need be.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

When I transport a PC that I build to my client, I put the finished rig back in the box that the case came in. Foam and all. If you don't have foam, use a towel with an anti-static dryer sheet on it. Put the box vertical in your car's trunk or back seat. Use ratchet's or anything else to keep it from falling. I prefer to put it behind the passenger seat on the floor.

:)

They are expensive, but once you get GearGrip harnesses, you won't want anything else, ever. I own all three, The Geargrip G2, GearGrip LAN bag, and the 24" monitor harness. Let me know if you need any pictures and/or dimensions.

LINK

ggg2_main1.gifgglcdb_main.giflanbag_group.gif

Like I said, they are pretty expensive, but I've been using them since about 2007-2008, and they haven't failed me yet.

EDIT: For transporting to places you'll be staying at for long periods, I'd pack at least the monitor and rig in the boxes they came in. Not everyone has the storage space to keep all their hardware boxes, but I strongly recommend it, especially for custom rigs, if you ever need to RMA something. And keep all accessories!!

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

They are expensive, but once you get GearGrip harnesses, you won't want anything else, ever. I own all three, The Geargrip G2, GearGrip LAN bag, and the 24" monitor harness. Let me know if you need any pictures and/or dimensions.

LINK

ggg2_main1.gifgglcdb_main.giflanbag_group.gif

Like I said, they are pretty expensive, but I've been using them since about 2007-2008, and they haven't failed me yet.

EDIT: For transporting to places you'll be staying at for long periods, I'd pack at least the monitor and rig in the boxes they came in. Not everyone has the storage space to keep all their hardware boxes, but I strongly recommend it, especially for custom rigs, if you ever need to RMA something. And keep all accessories!!

Thanks man I will look into these. Also quick question: How do you have a link have custom text like you had with the "link"?

Setup

Add me on Steam!

Thanks man I will look into these. Also quick question: How do you have a link have custom text like you had with the "link"?

Type your text, highlight what you want to have a link behind it, then click the "link" button

2ku7w5x.png

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Yeah definitely take caution when transporting your PC. Don't think it will be "ok" just because it's all screwed into a case. My first time going to my friend's house I just kind of threw my PC in my trunk and when I got home the next day, my SSD sata connector was broken.

Thankfully Kingston gave me another.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Original box w/ packing if you still have it. Otherwise what I do is wrap my 3 monitors in blankets, and then put some padding under my tower in its side. Oh and I take out my GPU.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I usually put some soft towels on a seat in my truck, and then I put the seatbelt over the tower. I usually lay the monitor face-down on one of the seats with the seatbelt around it.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Type your text, highlight what you want to have a link behind it, then click the "link" button

2ku7w5x.png

Thanks!

Setup

Add me on Steam!

I have an SUV, so I have a good deal of room inside. I usually fold down one third of my back row, and put the tower on a diagonal there, with the motherboard on the downward side. It's secured between the seat and the wall of the car, so it can't move or fall over, and I would imagine having it that way would take some stress of the GPU. 

I take a lot more care with my monitor, as my previous monitor has a little damaged spot from a transporting incident gone bad (I was picking it up and it fell face down onto the desk, and there was something that put a mark about the size of a pen's head in the bottom left corner). I always pack my monitor back in the box it came in. The case is all metal and screwed in tight and the cables are well managed, so I'm not as worried about it so long as I can keep the case from being scratched/dented. The monitor though, I feel is a lot more fragile. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

Original boxes are best but you can manage without them. Get some big suitcase or other sack. Place case inside and cover it with clothes or other soft things. For display use foam or bubblewrap and place it next to case so that screen is towards side of case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What I did when I moved is I put my computer in the trunk of my trans am and shoved my clothes all around it and on top. Granted my trunk space is very limited so there is not much wiggle room to begin with.