Any recommendations?

I'm gonna follow the template that was made for this forum page.

1. Budget & Location

So my budget $1000 US dollars. And to be specific about my location, I live in the Dallas, Texas area.

2. Aim

I am probably going to be using the PC for school work as I am still in high school. I probably would do some game but I'll explain my situation in #5 but for rn, here's my current PcPartPicker list:

3. Monitors

I currently have a Dell ST2210b. I probably want to upgrade from this as this is the only monitor we have in the house. This monitor is also hooked up to my laptop and I use both screen, so I probably will need 2 monitors. A minimum of 1080p is good for both monitors

4. Peripherals

I do have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 and some keyboards and a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. So I just need some Monitors. I am also using Windows but there could be a chance I might dual-boot linux, not 100% sure

5. Why are you upgrading?

So, I have been using laptops for all my life except with my old Dell Dimension 4600. Other than that, just laptops. I also mainly game on Xbox but I want to slowly merge into pc gaming. I will probably still stick with Xbox but there could be some times where I would like to have a PC for certain games abd some programs that my laptop can't handle.

If you have any question, let me know. Thank you

This is a significantly faster PC with a much better PSU. If you absolutely must have ITX, I could whip something up but why do you want to kill your upgrade path and make the build significantly harder for no particular gain?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

10 minutes ago, TFM110 said:

I'm gonna follow the template that was made for this forum page.

1. Budget & Location

So my budget $1000 US dollars. And to be specific about my location, I live in the Dallas, Texas area.

2. Aim

I am probably going to be using the PC for school work as I am still in high school. I probably would do some game but I'll explain my situation in #5 but for rn, here's my current PcPartPicker list:

3. Monitors

I currently have a Dell ST2210b. I probably want to upgrade from this as this is the only monitor we have in the house. This monitor is also hooked up to my laptop and I use both screen, so I probably will need 2 monitors. A minimum of 1080p is good for both monitors

4. Peripherals

I do have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 and some keyboards and a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. So I just need some Monitors. I am also using Windows but there could be a chance I might dual-boot linux, not 100% sure

5. Why are you upgrading?

So, I have been using laptops for all my life except with my old Dell Dimension 4600. Other than that, just laptops. I also mainly game on Xbox but I want to slowly merge into pc gaming. I will probably still stick with Xbox but there could be some times where I would like to have a PC for certain games abd some programs that my laptop can't handle.

If you have any question, let me know. Thank you

I'd get rid of that internal Hard Drive and get an external one. If something happens to your computer, say it gets infected with a virus, nothing is stopping the virus from doing the same thing to your internal HDD as well. If you are buying an extra storage drive to be a backup, then its not a true backup if it still has to be connected directly to the motherboard for it to work. When you buy an external hard drive and your computer is all set, back everything up to that external drive as a system image file right away. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

10 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

If you absolutely must have ITX, I could whip something up but why do you want to kill your upgrade path and make the build significantly harder for no particular gain?

TBH, I went for a ITX because I don't want a big PC, especially since I'm more of an xBox player. I don't need a extremely good gear, just components that will run as I need.

Just now, TFM110 said:

TBH, I meant went for a ITX because I don't want a big PC, especially since I'm more of an xBox player. I don't need a extremely good gear, just components that will run as I need.

This will run much better than the PC you have listed and is still quite small (by normal PC standards anyway, extreme SFF stuff aside)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

2 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

This will run much better than the PC you have listed and is still quite small (by normal PC standards anyway, extreme SFF stuff aside)

The main difference from both of our lists is the GPU and also, the motherboard price isn't up so it will be over my 1k budget. And for the GPU, I don't need a powerful GPU

32 minutes ago, TFM110 said:

The main difference from both of our lists is the GPU and also, the motherboard price isn't up so it will be over my 1k budget. And for the GPU, I don't need a powerful GPU

You don't need a powerful gpu? whatever the case, you will still benefit from one since you will not need to upgrade for longer with the 5700XT than the 580. Also, you can get a cheaper board such as the Asrock b450 pro4

She/they 

41 minutes ago, TFM110 said:

If you want something small, then you can get a micro-atx mini case, some of them are about the same size as the case you selected, this will give you more options for your MB and cases, which are about half the price of the mini-itx typ.   At least get a MB with an m.2 nvme slot

32 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

If you want something small, then you can get a micro-atx mini case, some of them are about the same size as the case you selected, this will give you more options for your MB and cases, which are about half the price of the mini-itx typ.   At least get a MB with an m.2 nvme slot

Like this?

did I mention I do not like pcpartpicker... what a piece of crap site, they have so much stuff that does not even have a price next to it.  

It is faster just to go on newegg and find what you want, and then if you want to crunch some numbers then you can look at amazon, ebay, or just throw the part number in google, and if you want some refurb stuff to save a few bucks, you can do that too.

anyways, check out the ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard   it has built in AC wifi and bluetooth, so you can ditch the extra addin card crap

change that non-nvme m.2 drive to a nvme drive like a ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive or get the 1tb version

you can get 4tb drives also for cheap, I like the NAS drivers because they are built for longevity, I usually just buy hitachi refurbs for around $60 and never had an issue with them, and they come with a warranty (newegg) 

I would then either check out an rtx 5600 or 5700 series card both of which give you so much more for a little more money (that you saved from not buying that wireless pci card

or this?

8 hours ago, TFM110 said:

or this?

The 1st one is much better though the PSU is still not great. Look at Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 or Corsair Cx550M

She/they 

8 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

The 1st one is much better though the PSU is still not great. Look at Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 or Corsair Cx550M

Here:

She/they 

7 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Yes. That is perfectly fine

Great, Thank you