Webcam For Recording Notes

SkyPhantom

Hi everyone, I was hoping if you could help me find a product for my mother. My mother is an elementary school teacher, because of the quarantine she has had to do her lessons from home. She needs some sort of webcam that she can use to record books she's reading for the children or notes she's writing down for them. At the moment she's been using her phone which means the videos come out as shaky. Basically she needs some sort of freestanding camera that connects to her computer that she can use to record things she's writing. If the camera can also be used for video conferencing that would be a great bonus. Thank you!

Mesh Devil

AMD Ryzen 3600 | MSI b450 Tomohawk MAX G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8 3200mhz

Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 xt

Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

Corsair RM650x

Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered Glass

Any webcam should do.
But where it gets hard is if you want some quality out of it.
Also maybe share what you where thinking of budget wise and location so others can give some useful suggestions. (the more inf the better not all resolution webcams can work on all pc's etc)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Any webcam should do.
But where it gets hard is if you want some quality out of it.
Also maybe share what you where thinking of budget wise and location so others can give some useful suggestions. (the more inf the better not all resolution webcams can work on all pc's etc)

The budget is under $100. As for location I'm in the United States.

Mesh Devil

Corsair RM650x

I use a Logitech C922x (a little pricey, and definitely overkill for this.) On Amazon right now a lot of webcams are out of stock or the price is jacked up quite high at least in my part of the US. It seems the uptick in demand means that $40 cameras are now selling for over $150 even on Newegg or Microcenter if they are in stock at all.

I can personally recommend Logitech as being a great webcam for me. I found one that ships from China (takes two weeks to get to US) for $80 but with some digging I'm sure you could find a better deal. Just realize that now is probably a time you're going to pay a lot more for a web cam since everyone now needs one.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Grantm56 said:

I use a Logitech C922x (a little pricey, and definitely overkill for this.) On Amazon right now a lot of webcams are out of stock or the price is jacked up quite high at least in my part of the US. It seems the uptick in demand means that $40 cameras are now selling for over $150 even on Newegg or Microcenter if they are in stock at all.

I can personally recommend Logitech as being a great webcam for me. I found one that ships from China (takes two weeks to get to US) for $80 but with some digging I'm sure you could find a better deal. Just realize that now is probably a time you're going to pay a lot more for a web cam since everyone now needs one.

Good luck!

These seem like good recommendations, but I think my mom was looking for something like the Logitech C905 USB 2.0 WebCam with the movable arm.

Mesh Devil

Corsair RM650x