UPGRADES!

old reece frost

Hello LTT :D:D

Want to help me upgrade my machine because I am in need of upgrades.

here is an upgrades list I have made for myself

IMPORTANT!!:

New PSU: Corsair RM series. [advise not wanted]

New CASE: Air 540, will fit everything I need and looks very sexy [want advise]

Heatsink: Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 (changed from H105) [advice not wanted]

not so important:

sleeved psu cables: those corsair sleeved kits :3 [want advise]

sexy fans: these [want advise]

GPU: no idea [want advise]

SSD: no idea [want advise]

We need to know budget. Also just FYI if you haven't seen the Air 540 it's a big ol case. 

We need to know budget. Also just FYI if you haven't seen the Air 540 it's a big ol case.

agreed. It'll take up a bunch of desk space.

Secondly, I would try and find somebody on the forum who sleeves PSU cables, as you'll get a much nicer finish.

We do need to know your budget though.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Well atm I have £200 and am continuing to save, my budget could range from £1000 - £2000

Well atm I have £200 and am continuing to save, my budget could range from £1000 - £2000

If you want a quick upgrade now, get a ssd now and save up for when you can afford the other upgrades. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct120m500ssd1

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The air 540 is a really good case if you have the space, easy cable management options and can make your setup look really clean.

The corsair H105 is also a great watercooler. Looks great and performs well. I would also look at the swift tech h220 as it is very quiet and can sometimes outperform the corsair option.

Sleved cables: I don't know much about :/

Fans: if your looking for raw performance I would look into noctua NFF12s but if your looking for primarily looks those sharkoon fans look nice however I don't know much about there performance.

Graphics Card: if you have a fairly large budget for about £530 you should go all out and buy a 780ti

Or for a lesser price of £330-340 you could look at the r9 290 cards, there extremely similar to r9 290x

SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb is great. Really fast and adaquite storage

Hope this helped. Mike

For really high quality sleeved cables, look up Lutro0 Customs. He is on the forum. If you post any question about sleeving in the modding sub forum, then he will most likely respond.

The air 540 is a really good case if you have the space, easy cable management options and can make your setup look really clean.

The corsair H105 is also a great watercooler. Looks great and performs well. I would also look at the swift tech h220 as it is very quiet and can sometimes outperform the corsair option.

Sleved cables: I don't know much about :/

Fans: if your looking for raw performance I would look into noctua NFF12s but if your looking for primarily looks those sharkoon fans look nice however I don't know much about there performance.

Graphics Card: if you have a fairly large budget for about £530 you should go all out and buy a 780ti

Or for a lesser price of £330-340 you could look at the r9 290 cards, there extremely similar to r9 290x

SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb is great. Really fast and adaquite storage

Hope this helped. Mike

I have space for the air 540 ;D

My primary aim for the system is to look really sexy, I'll probably use the NF F12's in places you can't see in the case [if I don't get the Air 540] 

For the GPU, by the time I get the money Maxwell might be just around the corner so I might as well just wait for Maxwell

The 220 is good and all, but it's that red accent on the H1105 that gets me.

That SSD will definitely be good :D

For really high quality sleeved cables, look up Lutro0 Customs. He is on the forum. If you post any question about sleeving in the modding sub forum, then he will most likely respond.

I'll look him up thanks :D