New i5-9400F build, problems with BSOD

Hello, I recently upgrade my pc with the following new parts:

• i5-9400F
  • Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming 3 WiFi (BIOS version: F13)
  • 2 x HyperX (8GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 (HX426C16FB3A/8)

And I had from previously:

• Corsair Force LE SSD 120GB SATA
  • TOSHIBA  DT01ACA100 HDD 1TB SATA
  • Water cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240RG
  • PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W
  • Nvidia Gefroce GTX 1060 6GB 

The problem is that I'm getting random BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA). So I did the following:

1. Tested the ram sticks with memtest86, ended with 28 errors on: Test 6 [Block move, 64-byte blocks] 3/4 (75%).
  2. Next day, tested ram sticks individually and got no errors (4 passes).
  3. Then, I decided to make a fresh windows install to ditch that option, after a few days got a new BSOD.
  4. I changed the ram sticks to the other channel, they were on slots 2 and 4 (counting from the cpu to the right), now they are on 1 and 3.
  5. Run memtest, ended with 260 errors on: Test 6 [Block move, 64-byte blocks]  0/4 (0%).

XMP is disabled by default.

I'm not really sure on wich part is the faulty but it looks like ram. Haven't talked to the store yet the because I bought the the ram sticks and the MOBO on differents stores and I'm not sure on who to blame.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Greetings.

Did you reinstall windows after the upgrade? 

Any errors at all in memtest is a concern, as you effectively take out every other variable than the CPU and mobo, OS won't have an effect.

Run further tests after reseating.  If more errors occur, I'm afraid it's likely bad RAM if you've tried different slots and the error persists.

58 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Did you reinstall windows after the upgrade? 

Yes, i did reinstall it

52 minutes ago, ViscountStyx said:

Any errors at all in memtest is a concern, as you effectively take out every other variable than the CPU and mobo, OS won't have an effect.

Run further tests after reseating.  If more errors occur, I'm afraid it's likely bad RAM if you've tried different slots and the error persists.

I have already reseat video card and ram, Hdd and ssd haven't tried yet. Which is the best way to know what ram stick is the faulty one?

Just now, darlexins said:

Yes, i did reinstall it

I have already reseat video card and ram, Hdd and ssd haven't tried yet. Which is the best way to know what ram stick is the faulty one?

You can run memtest with just one stick in.  Not a quick job I know, but the only way to be sure.  Very unlikely, but if the first stick alone you test has faults, test the second one alone also.

That may be indicative of another fault elsewhere.  If possible, remove any components not required for testing.

Increase the memory voltage. If leaving stock, try going from 1.2v to 1.25-1.30v and see if that helps.

10 hours ago, ViscountStyx said:

You can run memtest with just one stick in.  Not a quick job I know, but the only way to be sure.  Very unlikely, but if the first stick alone you test has faults, test the second one alone also.

That may be indicative of another fault elsewhere.  If possible, remove any components not required for testing.

I will make the tests overnight, and see if i get something. I removed one some hours ago and at least i haven't got a bsod yet.

10 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Increase the memory voltage. If leaving stock, try going from 1.2v to 1.25-1.30v and see if that helps.

Is that safe to do? I mean, it could have trouble with warranty?

12 minutes ago, darlexins said:

I will make the tests overnight, and see if i get something. I removed one some hours ago and at least i haven't got a bsod yet.

Anything under 1.5v is probably fine.

1.35 wont hurt 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

30 minutes ago, darlexins said:

If the memory has an XMP profile that uses 1.35v, anything under that won't void a warranty.

Since it doesn't seem stable at stock, you can already RMA it in my opinion. But to validate that statement, you'll add a little voltage and see if it becomes stable.

I did run memtest (twice) on each ram separatedly and got no errors, Does this mean that there is a problem with the MOBO or CPU? Haven't tested the voltage change yet because I just finished the memtests, but this worries me a little because the XMP profile (in the data sheet) also says 1.2V

On 3/30/2020 at 12:29 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

If the memory has an XMP profile that uses 1.35v, anything under that won't void a warranty.

Since it doesn't seem stable at stock, you can already RMA it in my opinion. But to validate that statement, you'll add a little voltage and see if it becomes stable.

The XMP profile also says 1.2V in the datasheet :(