A Cheap 3D Printer

Henry

Do you guys know any good, cheap 3d printers? (Under 1K)

Has to be able to print something large (12.5in (W) x 11.5in (L) x 3.1in (H))

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

1k ? 5k? 25k?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

1k ? 5k? 25k?

1K or under if possible?

I think I saw one on newegg for around 1k.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I think I saw one on newegg for around 1k.

Link please.

Thats awesome for $500!

Newegg did a video in CES

Please ignore the asian guy's funny accent.

Looks pretty cool but as with anything, we need some reviews before buying it.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Newegg did a video in CES

Please ignore the asian guy's funny accent.

Looks pretty cool but as with anything, we need some reviews before buying it.

Thanks! But it seems kinda small to print something with the dimensions I put up above.

Thanks! But it seems kinda small to print something with the dimensions I put up above.

Maximum build volume (WxHxD)

7.8W X 7.8H X 7.8D INCH (20 X 20 X 20 CM)

Yep, it is smaller. I guess you should ask the 3D printer lord @Barnacules on Twitter. 

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

What do you want it for? The dimensions are very precise.

Your answer aside... If its not just for a hobby then I would definitely wait, 3D printers are expanding and improving at an exceptional rate. I'm not talking about minor improvements like CPU/GPU yearly upgrades, its on the verge of affordable metal sintering and multi-color/material printing, upgrades that will make the current 3D printers completely worthless in comparison...

What do you want it for? The dimensions are very precise.

Your answer aside... If its not just for a hobby then I would definitely wait, 3D printers are expanding and improving at an exceptional rate. I'm not talking about minor improvements like CPU/GPU yearly upgrades, its on the verge of affordable metal sintering and multi-color/material printing, upgrades that will make the current 3D printers completely worthless in comparison...

Um, special stuff...

But do you know any? Maybe about 1k? Preferably less.

Um, special stuff...

ಠ_ಠ

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

ಠ_ಠ

Dats spam, help me out man, I need a cheap 3d printer :'(

Define cheap...lol

Um, special stuff...

But do you know any? Maybe about 1k? Preferably less.

For that size and that budget, build it yourself. Its going to take a lot of time and research (better spent at your job working to just buy a bigger one), but you could do it.

http://reprap.org/wiki/1X2_Tallcat

Ooooh this looks interesting, not sure if it can make something as large as I mentioned, but dam, thats cheap.

On their website it says:

Build volume:  There is no certain limit on build volume.  In the same way that a flashlight beam gets bigger the further it shines, so does the build volume of the Peachy Printer.  Although this has not been tested, we have high hopes to print a full size canoe!  This will require a build volume of approximately 3'x3'x16'.  The real limiting factor in build volume is time... It could be possible to calibrate the Peachy Printer to print a house, but it would take years!

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Ooooh this looks interesting, not sure if it can make something as large as I mentioned, but dam, thats cheap.

If I remember correctly the fluid is over $100/liter, so while the printer is cheap the consumables are not. I could be completely wrong though... just look into it before purchasing.