Can anyone help me access my home pc (for testing mainly right now) when I am out and about on my iPhone ?

PeterGH

Mainly to stream videos from my home pc to my iPhone when I am remotely out and about. Thanks. I know the first step is over a VPN but not sure how to go about doing it. No my router does not have VPN comparability. I am on AT&T 1 Gbps fiber so I know my speed shouldn't be a problem. I don't want to get another router right now sorry.

If no one can help it is fine but I thought I at least try. Thanks. Any other info you need feel free to ask. Thanks.

You could try a remote access software like team viewer, it wouldn't require a VPN but can be a little bandwidth intensive, you said your home internet is good but where will your iPhone be? If all you want is video streaming something like plex may be a good option.

9 minutes ago, FredyBobJoe said:

You could try a remote access software like team viewer, it wouldn't require a VPN but can be a little bandwidth intensive, you said your home internet is good but where will your iPhone be? If all you want is video streaming something like plex may be a good option.

Yes but I really don't want to use Plex or Teamviewer sense teamviewer can't really stream video without lag I don't think. (or Emby or Jellyfin) Let me explain sorry. Thanks.

I want to be able to see my files like I am on my home pc with a network share basically when out and about. This would all be done, if possible, through nPlayer Plus app on my iPhone with iOS of course.

If you have no idea it is ok. At least you tried! Just say so. Thanks.

I have a picture of what nPlayer supports. One sec.

Here you go.

This is the network area jBR9FLh.png

Then here is the protocols it supports

. OAHnsI3.png

Mainly talking about the ones I circled.

Oh yeah sorry my iPhone will be with me out and about miles away from my computer. Though right now just inches or feet away with 4g lte on to test to see if it works over the internet.

28 minutes ago, PeterGH said:

I know the first step is over a VPN

A VPN is a good place to start, openVPN could be a good option, you don't need to have a router that runs the server you can run that on something else as long as oyu can forward ports on your router, once you have done that install a client on your phone and create a smb share from your pc. I don't mean to sound dismissive, just ask any questions about those steps.

2 minutes ago, FredyBobJoe said:

A VPN is a good place to start, openVPN could be a good option, you don't need to have a router that runs the server you can run that on something else as long as oyu can forward ports on your router, once you have done that install a client on your phone and create a smb share from your pc. I don't mean to sound dismissive, just ask any questions about those steps.

Thanks I am a noob when it comes to OpenVPN and running it on something else. Sorry. Please help. Thanks. How would I go about running OpenVPN on my Windows 10 pc please? Thanks.

I know how to forward ports though. A SMB share is just sharing a folder with windows file sharing right ?

Just now, FredyBobJoe said:

It has occurred to me that there may be an easier option as openVPN can be a pain to configure, have you ever heard of zerotier? Here is a basic guide: https://support.paperspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004997928-How-to-Create-a-VPN-tunnel-with-ZeroTier-Windows-

No but this will work on my iPhone correct ?

I will try.

Just now, FredyBobJoe said:

zerotier has clients for almost everything, the app is called zerotier one

Ok thanks!