Weird fragmentation that can be captured

voiha

Hi,

Recently a laptop started showing weird fragments that show around text or pictures while browsing or using for example Illustrator. On the pictures below you can see.
Strangely they look like pixels but it is not Display issue as I can capture them. If I hover over them or move/scroll around they dissapear in some moments I can trigger them by moving the mouse so they show and dissapear but whenever I scroll they dissapear completely.

I can't make the fragmentation happen on demand so it's more of a random phenomena

Tried stress testing the GPU via Furmark, Video Memory Stress Test, Nova Bench.
Tried lowering the Mhz of the memory via Afterburner
Tried disabling hardware acceleration
Tried updating every possible driver + BIOS
Tried restarting

Any help will be appreciated I can't even google it properly as Im not sure if this is fragmentation as it seems that for example the text gets really blocky and fragmented like but when I hover over it it fixes itself

90776445_3158963787481589_6335557308310880256_n.png

90946436_533217593862961_8720540364173213696_n.png

90979981_218646202877744_3492077143456743424_n.png

91469987_638571003592490_9100125373315678208_n.png

It's an issue with 2D canvas hardware acceleration or GPU VRAM instability (but it would've showed in other apps too then). Try to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome and\or update GPU drivers. I see, you tried both. Try to switch to integrated graphics adapter then to determine if it's really GPU dependent. Which build this is anyway ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

It's an issue with 2D canvas hardware acceleration or GPU VRAM instability (but it would've showed in other apps too then). Try to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome and\or update GPU drivers.

It does show in other apps as I said in Illustrator. The drivers are up-to date. I already said that I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in chrome but the issue persists

Just now, voiha said:

It do show in other apps as I said in Illustrator. The drivers are up-to date. I already said that I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in chrome but the issue persists

Yeah, i've edited my comment, try to switch to iGPU.

6 minutes ago, Juular said:

Yeah, i've edited my comment, try to switch to iGPU.

Yeah well I think the issue is with the iGPU as it's usage is really high and the dedicated one is low. I've tried tinkering with all possible ways of adjusting power managment, to use the one card or the other one but to no avail. There is no BIOS option to disable the iGPU and just try to use the dedicated one.

It's a asus fx504gd

2 minutes ago, voiha said:

Yeah well I think the issue is with the iGPU as it's usage is really high and the dedicated one is low. I've tried tinkering with all possible ways of adjusting power managment, to use the one card or the other one but to no avail. There is no BIOS option to disable the iGPU and just try to use the dedicated one.

This is weird, i don't think it's possible to switch to Intel iGPU if your display are connected to dGPU at all. If it's connected to dGPU try to remove dGPU physically to see if this changes anything. If it's connected to iGPU, i.e to motherboard display output, well, that's your problem.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

This is weird, i don't think it's possible to switch to Intel iGPU if your display are connected to dGPU at all. If it's connected to dGPU try to remove dGPU physically to see if this changes anything. If it's connected to iGPU, i.e to motherboard display output, well, that's your problem.

Okay..but dedicated gpu in laptops don't have slot to connect the display to them yes ? You just slot them inthe the PCIE and that's it

15 minutes ago, voiha said:

Okay..but dedicated gpu in laptops don't have slot to connect the display to them yes ? You just slot them inthe the PCIE and that's it

I'm not really sure but that's probably because both iGPU and dGPU in laptops use the same output stage with all that's required, while dGPU and iGPU on desktop have their own separate output. But don't take my word on that, never tried to do that on my previous Intel PC and now i have Ryzen without iGPU.

PS: this is called 'artifacts' not 'fragmentation', that's why Google can't find you anything relevant probably.