PC issue - Cannot identify the problem.

Hello, i recently began having issues with my PC, While playing games it will randomly black-screen and the fans will begin to run at 100%.Once i restart my PC it boots with no apparent issues, however the boot up time is slightly longer. After rebooting i am  able to play games again with no issues. Running COD BR i get 100+fps stable, 71c-GPU and 60c-CPU. This currently has only occured twice. While the screen is black i am also able to hear the game i was playing along with anything else (Streams/Youtube) 

I have looked through the event viewer and there is nothing unusual and there is no error code showing on the MOBO. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte ax370 gaming 5

Processor: Ryzen 7 1700

GPU:  GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G

Storage:  1tb SSHD / 250gbx2 ssd

PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD 750W

RAM: 16gb corsair vengeance @ 3000

4 minutes ago, Roadrunt said:

Hello, i recently began having issues with my PC, While playing games it will randomly black-screen and the fans will begin to run at 100%.Once i restart my PC it boots with no apparent issues, however the boot up time is slightly longer. After rebooting i am  able to play games again with no issues. Running COD BR i get 100+fps stable, 71c-GPU and 60c-CPU . This currently has only occured twice.

I have looked through the event viewer and there is nothing unusual and there is no error code showing on the MOBO. 

do you happen to use rgb fusion and msi mystic light? I've had problems with asus aura and rgb fusion, where rgb fusion would try to controll the ram lights and crash my system

you could try deleting/turning one off, to see if it happens

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

Hello, an option could be the hardened thermal compound or even worse something not letting the 2060 "breathe" fresh air, like dust or something similar!

Hope it may help

2 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

do you happen to use rgb fusion and msi mystic light? I've had problems with asus aura and rgb fusion, where rgb fusion would try to controll the ram lights and crash my system

you could try deleting/turning one off, to see if it happens

Thanks, but i don't have any RGB programs installed.

1 minute ago, augustoburzo said:

Hello, an option could be the hardened thermal compound or even worse something not letting the 2060 "breathe" fresh air, like dust or something similar!

Hope it may help

I will take a look into that, thanks.

1 minute ago, augustoburzo said:

Hope it may help

his temperatures seem very decent, I don't think this anything to do with the problem. I'm also quite sure this would result in a BSOD instead of a full blackout

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

1 minute ago, Roadrunt said:

Thanks, but i don't have any RGB programs installed.

Then I think some other software is crashing hardware, because if it would be hardware related, the fans would turn off, (full pc shutdown) or it would BSOD

Just now, TheThymo said:

his temperatures seem very decent, I don't think this anything to do with the problem. I'm also quite sure this would result in a BSOD instead of a full blackout

It happened to me with an old i7 4th gen. It became slightly warm (about 60c) and it goes down cooling without BSOD. Anyway 71° is not that pleasant for a GPU! 🤯

3 minutes ago, Roadrunt said:

I will take a look into that, thanks.

I forgot... Take a look also at the BIOS and look if there's any kind of thermal limitation

Edit While the screen is black i am also able to hear the game i was playing along with anything else (Streams/Youtube) 

3 minutes ago, augustoburzo said:

It happened to me with an old i7 4th gen. It became slightly warm (about 60c) and it goes down cooling without BSOD. Anyway 71° is not that pleasant for a GPU! 🤯

then it might indeed be a cpu problem, but I think it would be unlikely

70 is perfectly fine for current gen gpu's, I wouldn't go above 80. but most gpu are limited to ~90

4 minutes ago, Roadrunt said:

Edit While the screen is black i am also able to hear the game i was playing along with anything else (Streams/Youtube) 

what do you use to check temperature? If you have taskmanager open, is there a boost in usage before the crash?

I'm currently using CPUID HWMonitor. Here is a picture 26/03/2020 8:08pm. Playing COD BR

Stats.PNG

2 minutes ago, Roadrunt said:

-snip-

everything seems fine, was this right before a crash?

Is there a way you can force the pc to crash? (like using a benchmark tool or something)

21 minutes ago, Roadrunt said:

Hello, i recently began having issues with my PC, While playing games it will randomly black-screen and the fans will begin to run at 100%.Once i restart my PC it boots with no apparent issues, however the boot up time is slightly longer. After rebooting i am  able to play games again with no issues. Running COD BR i get 100+fps stable, 71c-GPU and 60c-CPU. This currently has only occured twice. While the screen is black i am also able to hear the game i was playing along with anything else (Streams/Youtube) 

is the card, ram, or cpu overclocked? I know this can sometimes happen with an unstable clock, even if it isn't getting hot.

The GPU is OC by default i believe and the RAM is running an XMP profile. I haven't touched the GPU. 

The GPU is OC by default i believe and the RAM is running an XMP profile. I haven't touched the GPU. 

I would try disabling the XMP profile, and see if it makes a difference

4 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

everything seems fine, was this right before a crash?

Is there a way you can force the pc to crash? (like using a benchmark tool or something)

The PC hasn't crashed for around about a hour now and i've been playing COD BR without any issues. The stats were taken while i was in landing ingame. I will attempt to force a crash by opening multiple games.

Just now, Roadrunt said:

(so ram is @ 3000mhz, you could try 2933mhz, I heard some people had problems with 3000 on older ryzen stuff.)

do what brandon said

4 minutes ago, brandongaming33 said:

is the card, ram, or cpu overclocked? I know this can sometimes happen with an unstable clock, even if it isn't getting hot.

I believe that if the RAM or the CPU was bricking because overclocked it would have stopped reproducing also audio

Just now, augustoburzo said:

I believe that if the RAM or the CPU was bricking because overclocked it would have stopped reproducing also audio

I've had something similar happen, and it still produced audio

I will try reducing the ram speed, although i don't think that is an issue as i have been running them @3000mhz for over a year now.

Just now, Roadrunt said:

I will try reducing the ram speed, although i don't think that is an issue as i have been running them @3000mhz for over a year now.

did you change anything on the system recently by chance?

Just now, brandongaming33 said:

did you change anything on the system recently by chance?

Other than Windows updates and Driver updates no.

Other than Windows updates and Driver updates no.

and it only happens since you started playing modern warfare?