Stress test help new build

YEETMAN

I dont know if this is the right category but i am getting a new build and i am really new to building pcs and other 

the graphics card is second hand so how can i test it without killing it ?

what benchmark should i use that will not kill the gpu

specs

i5 4670k

gtx 1060

16gb ram

600w Thermaltake

idk if i should use furmark because there is alot of cases of fucking up a gpu so i dont want to take any chances 

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

heaven

Will it kill the gpu? How? What should i watchout for and how big is the file to download ?

Just now, YEETMAN said:

Will it kill the gpu?

only if it's dead already. isn't that the point of the stress test? to figure out whether it works or not?

Just now, boggy77 said:

only if it's dead already. isn't that the point of the stress test? to figure out whether it works or not?

Updated what i said btw how big is the file and how long will it take to download

4 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

Updated what i said btw how big is the file and how long will it take to download

just google it. 250mb

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

just run it and let it run. monitor temps and frequencies maybe using msi afterburner.

Just now, boggy77 said:

just google it. 250mb

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

just run it and let it run. monitor temps and frequencies maybe using msi afterburner.

Alright ill check out afterburner which temp should i stop at

Just now, YEETMAN said:

Alright ill check out afterburner which temp should i stop at

you don't need to stop it. gpu's have their own safety measures, if it will get too hot, it will throttle (usually around 85C)

if you see the gpu going at 85C and staying there, there's something wrong with it. it should stay between 60-75C ideally.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

you don't need to stop it. gpu's have their own safety measures, if it will get too hot, it will throttle (usually around 85C)

if you see the gpu going at 85C and staying there, there's something wrong with it. it should stay between 60-75C ideally.

cool i will use this with after burner for the temp. Afterburner works fine every gpu company right? And i will use gpu z to see if its fake or not 

7 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

Afterburner works fine every gpu company right?

yes

7 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

And i will use gpu z to see if its fake or not 

good strategy

Just now, boggy77 said:

yes

good strategy

Alright wish me luck thx for all the help

5 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

Alright wish me luck thx for all the help

Remember to use heaven in windowed mode, as I have observed that it does not use GPU to the max when suspended.

All the best!

:D

33 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Remember to use heaven in windowed mode, as I have observed that it does not use GPU to the max when suspended.

All the best!

:D

Alright 🙂 do you think this setup can handle it ? And what score should i be close to where i can say i can buy this

41 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yes

good strategy

Btw just before i go start dreaming about what i can do with this pc do you think it will handle it ? And what score do you think i should get if the graphics card is all g

i want to see what 2 different people say so i know what will happen

51 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

Alright 🙂 do you think this setup can handle it ? And what score should i be close to where i can say i can buy this

Btw just before i go start dreaming about what i can do with this pc do you think it will handle it ? And what score do you think i should get if the graphics card is all g

2300 +/- 10% on the 1080p extreme test.

if it crashes, there's something wrong with the card, any card can "handle it", as the test is design to stress and benchmark all cards.

50 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

Sorry to disappoint you man, but personally I run an AMD APU and I even haven't stress tested it. I was going to buy a new cooler to replace the stock cooler but this Corona shit happened.

So, sorry but I can't help you with this kind of information...😅

But I can tell you, 1060 wouldn't be enough to handle Heaven when you max up the settings.. It's one of the most brutal stress test a GPU can undergo!!