RDP multiple monitors not working

jeffy_p00

I'm having a strange issue that i'm hoping the LTT community can help me with.

I have a client that needs to work from home, so we setup an openVPN to get her into the network. She has an HP 14-dq0011dx laptop and an AOC e1659fwu secondary monitor. 

I've set up her connection to her office computer over MSTSC. The "Use all my monitors for the remote session" button is selected. However once she connects and authenticates it will only display on one screen. Also made sure the slider for full screen is all the way to the right.

I have ran all windows updates and get the latest drivers for the AOC monitor since its a USB monitor. Even had her plug the laptop into her TV over HDMI and the same thing happens, still just shows up on one screen.

From command line i've tried mstsc.exe /multimon with no luck.

I've pretty much ran out of ideas on this. Any ideas of things to try or any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  

Edit: her computer is windows 10 home and the computer she is remoting into is windows 7 Pro. (i know it needs to go)

11 hours ago, jeffy_p00 said:

(i know it needs to go)

It just got bumped to needing to go a bit quicker :P

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 hours ago, jschpp said:

The Problem is the Windows 7 machine on the other side. Windows 7 Pro doesn't support multi monitor remote desktop.

See this thread in the Windows forums: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/windows-10-multi-monitors-in-remote-desktop/68123aad-82de-41f7-ab6a-72c5da947257

I could have sworn that win 7 pro could.  But this makes sense.

Thank you