Photo Sorting Apps??

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
Just now, Tarun10 said:

Would Lightroom do all the things you mentioned or should I look into writing a script. Is it very complicated?

I haven't used Lightroom, only free version of Zoner and now digiKAM. Had Picasa before those. It depends a bit, but you can choose to view all files in folder/album or select files with certain attributes and them move them as bulk.

For example in DigiKAM I have one folder that is set to be main of the images I want it to search from. So viewing per date taken gives this view:

digikam1.thumb.PNG.0d2a61c1709e828b0930e7b1d630182e.PNG

Where you can then select files and move them to another "album" (same as folder, it moves them in Windows too). Now, this requires that files have correct metadata attributes. For example some of these videos are much older than what they give out.

I need to sort a large number of photos that have just been dumped in a million folders over 10 years. Is there any app/code that can sort the photos by date and time automatically and put it into folders?

You can create script for it yourself if you want automate stuff. There are couple options for software. You could move/copy all files of certain extension to same folder, rename them by date taken and then sort and move them to folders per year, month etc. Or you can get photo organizer like digiKAM, Adobe Lightroom or Zoner Photo Studio.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You can create script for it yourself if you want automate stuff. There are couple options for software. You could move/copy all files of certain extension to same folder, rename them by date taken and then sort and move them to folders per year, month etc. Or you can get photo organizer like digiKAM, Adobe Lightroom or Zoner Photo Studio.

Would Lightroom do all the things you mentioned or should I look into writing a script. Is it very complicated?

Just now, Tarun10 said:

I haven't used Lightroom, only free version of Zoner and now digiKAM. Had Picasa before those. It depends a bit, but you can choose to view all files in folder/album or select files with certain attributes and them move them as bulk.

For example in DigiKAM I have one folder that is set to be main of the images I want it to search from. So viewing per date taken gives this view:

digikam1.thumb.PNG.0d2a61c1709e828b0930e7b1d630182e.PNG

Where you can then select files and move them to another "album" (same as folder, it moves them in Windows too). Now, this requires that files have correct metadata attributes. For example some of these videos are much older than what they give out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv