Motherboard won't receive power

This is my first build and I have run into some problems... My motherboard (B450 Tomahawk Max) won't light up fans won't start nothing... I really don't know what is going on and it really sucks. I have tested the power supply which is a Corsair CX500M, which should be compatible and it works fine. But when I put it into the motherboardboard nothing happens, the fan on the power supply won't spin either. I don't know if there is a compatibility issue, so I have listed the part below. All the parts but the GPU are brand new.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU -EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2060 ultra

Cooler - Wraith Cooler included with CPU

Motherboard - B450 tomahawk max 

Ram - 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX

SSD - intel series 660p 512 gb

On 3/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, PurnDog said:

This is my first build and I have run into some problems... My motherboard (B450 Tomahawk Max) won't light up fans won't start nothing... I really don't know what is going on and it really sucks. I have tested the power supply which is a Corsair CX500M, which should be compatible and it works fine. But when I put it into the motherboardboard nothing happens, the fan on the power supply won't spin either. I don't know if there is a compatibility issue, so I have listed the part below. All the parts but the GPU are brand new.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU -EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2060 ultra

Cooler - Wraith Cooler included with CPU

Motherboard - B450 tomahawk max 

Ram - 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX

SSD - intel series 660p 512 gb

make sure the 24 pin connecter AND the 8 pin connector is plugged in correctly. 

2 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

make sure the 24 pin connecter AND the 8 pin connector is plugged in correctly. 

They are both plugged in correctly, I have the 24 in the 24 slot and the CPU cord is in CPU power 1. Thanks for trying to help!

IMG_1110.jpg

hmm

On 3/23/2020 at 5:52 PM, PurnDog said:

They are both plugged in correctly, I have the 24 in the 24 slot and the CPU cord is in CPU power 1. Thanks for trying to help!

IMG_1110.jpg

thats odd, maybe the board is defective?

8 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

hmm

thats odd, maybe the board is defective?

I already sent one board back because that is what I thought too. I think I need a new power supply :(

On 3/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, PurnDog said:

I already sent one board back because that is what I thought too. I think I need a new power supply :(

the power supply is probably the matter then. good luck