Galax RTX 2060 Black Screen Issue

So 8 months ago, I bought an RTX 2060 from Galax, and it worked for about 4 months before it started having a problem, when I launch a game it would black screen me and my fans would go up to 100%, so I claimed the warranty and got a replacement, Fast forward another 4 months, it's happening again, this time with Covid2019 going on, I can't really leave my home to claim warranty again, so, I searched the net for a fix, which I found was to change the thermal paste, so I did, there was no Warranty sticker on the screws, so I should still be able to claim it since I nvr removed the existing sticker, but after changing the paste, It's still having the same problem. Launch a game, works for like 2 seconds and black screens me and the fans go 100%, I've already tried reinstalling the Nvidia Drivers but to no avail, I then thought I'd fiixed it by disabling the Power Saver mode, which worked for like, a couple days, but now it's happening again, and well, I don't know what to do anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

omg wow, i have seem to have the same problem, and it seems to be the same graphics card: GALAX Geforce RTX 2060 EX 1-Olick OC 6 GB gpu.
cpu: Ryzen 5 3600, RAM 16 GB, MB: Asrock B450

It worked perfectly fine for about 2 months after purchase, though fan noise was a bit loud, but now whenever I launch CSGO or other high utility games like City Skylines and Dark Souls 3 problems occur.

From what I see:

CSGO: gets to menu, when starting a game, plays for about 2 seconds then monitor disconnects, fans spin very loudly

Dark Souls 3: gets to menu, when starting the game, plays for about 2 seconds then monitor disconnects, fans spin very loudly

City skylines doesn't even start up, just says the game crashes, in the crash output report something about Attempt to access invalid address (address reference number).

My guess is it could be because of GPU heating issues, bad GPU, or it could be because I have a sketch PSU I got from another computer I took apart and killed parts of the GPU. the PSU is said to be 500 W but i think its more like 375 - 400 W.

I haven't done the warranty return thing yet cos doing normal things like browsing still works, just no big gaming during covid 19 quarantine too.

I switched back to an old 1050 I had lying around until I can go out and claim the warranty again, if I could afford it I'd definitely just get a new GPU, I gave that first one the benefit of the doubt but the same problem twice in the same amount of time? I can't really say my confidence in getting a good replacement is high.

From searching around the net, I found a couple causes unless your GPU just has bad quality.
1. Thermal Paste application
2. Your GPU isn't receiving enough power from the PSU
   (500w is enough, in which case, it could be the 8pin connector, it's either faulty or not properly seated)
3. It could be windows power saving mode,
   (Go to Nvidia Control panel and set "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance", this only disables part of it, you're gonna have to search the net for the full disable)

• 1 month later...

I could share my experience so far with the Galax RTX 2060 series.

Got the exact same issue with my Galax RTX 2060 White Mini (1 Click OC). The first RMA was thought that i perhaps burned a capacitor or some components somewhere which seems unlikely eventhough im runing a Micro-ATX case and not pushing the card pass 75 degrees. After RMA about 4 times, the distributor said that galax couldn't solve the problem with its BIOS and decided to give me a GALAX Geforce RTX 2060 1-Click OC 6 GB. The card ran well for a couple of months as like the white mini but soon also start showing black screens with audio still running in the background.

I install a bios update from galax https://www.galax.com/en/galax-2060-1660ti/bios.html/ and the card ran smooth for another few months before having the same issues again. The wierd thing about this RTX 2060 1-Click OC 6 GB is that, resitting the card doesn't do anything but, running my GTX 970 for a couple a days before switching back to RTX 2060 allows me to run the card for a couple of days to weeks before the problem comes back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qn6sf-U2rQ&t=111s. This should instantly highlight a driver issue but, using DDU and reinstalling drivers while offline didnt solve the problem. To be exact, at some point i couldnt even boot into normal windows without the graphics card crashing.

Arguably could be my PSU (CoolerMaster MWE Gold 650W) but, idk. Could be so many things but, this Galax RTX card never seem to be stable in another system which i tested.

Out of just pure fustration, i'm running a Zotac RTX 2060 Twin Fan (about $50 more) 😅.

• 1 month later...

I consider myself a bit lucky, when I went to the store to claim the warranty once more, I explained that I didn't want to get the same card, and have to come back after 4 months because of the same problem. They understood my situation and offered me a top-up (Basically get a new GPU that's a higher price and pay the extra amount) so I chose the RTX 2060 AMP Extreme from Zotac, and i've been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Strangely while I was showing them the problem though, the card ran fine in another system (They let me play GRID) maybe the game didn't demand much in terms of Graphics? Luckily I brought my PC along, slapped it in, and it black screened me the moment I got into The Witcher 3.

I think it's just their RTX cards, a friend of mine has a GTX 1070 from Galax and it's been running fine for 1 or 2 years now.

For anyone having these issues, I had the same thing happen when I used my 2070S ROG STRIX, all I did, was take out the power cables, and plug them back in, and it seemed to work fine after that

• 4 months later...

Was this ever fixed? I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact card

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, Maximo said:

Was this ever fixed? I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact card

In short, no, I switched to a Zotac RTX 2060 Amp Extreme, but after further searching (from curiosity) apparently overclocking it to a more stable setting will fix it(?), don't quote me on this, I saw it in a YouTube comment. 😅 I have sadly not been able to find the video since so take what I say with a chunk of salt.

• 10 months later...
On 3/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, Brandon0897 said:

So 8 months ago, I bought an RTX 2060 from Galax, and it worked for about 4 months before it started having a problem, when I launch a game it would black screen me and my fans would go up to 100%, so I claimed the warranty and got a replacement, Fast forward another 4 months, it's happening again, this time with Covid2019 going on, I can't really leave my home to claim warranty again, so, I searched the net for a fix, which I found was to change the thermal paste, so I did, there was no Warranty sticker on the screws, so I should still be able to claim it since I nvr removed the existing sticker, but after changing the paste, It's still having the same problem. Launch a game, works for like 2 seconds and black screens me and the fans go 100%, I've already tried reinstalling the Nvidia Drivers but to no avail, I then thought I'd fiixed it by disabling the Power Saver mode, which worked for like, a couple days, but now it's happening again, and well, I don't know what to do anymore. 

Dude I've same issue can you let me know how to fix it?