97°C CPU even after repasting and undervolting help! :'(

Hello guys, my cousin offered me his laptop for my birthday.
I installed a few games and tried playing but it is getting way too hot and loud, and it's obviously affecting the performance. (http://prntscr.com/rkqisf)
I tried repasting, undervolting the CPU and GPU,Updated the BIOS cleaning the fans but it didn't make any difference even at 3.5Ghz !

It's an I7 8750H who's apparently known for running hot, but in most undevolting tutorial they manage to lower temps by 8 or 9°C.
It's an omen 15 chassis.

The GPU is a 1070maxQ, i might have done the GPU undervolt wrong tho so i'll link the curve.
I ordered liquid metal to see if it makes any difference but i really doubt it.
I'll take any of your ideas if you are willing to help me fix it.
Thanks for reading me!

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

what are temps at idle?

but most likely it is just gonna run this hot. thats what happens when you stick a 8750h and a 1070 in a 15'" laptop, no amount of undervolting is gonna get you an adequate cooling solution in that formfactor. 

Your best bet probably is either takking a dremel to the underside of the plastic clamshell and stick it on one of those ventilated stands or sell it and get somethin less crammed or smth thicc.

Or you know, get a desktop and slap a nh12 on that bad boi.

Hey, temps at idle are around 55°C.
i wondered if i should give a try to a ventilated stand. I guess i'll try that aswell.

Btw i elevated the laptop but it doesn't change anything.
Thx for answering !

are you sure it's "normal" temps are still in the 90's when the CPU is running at 3Ghz wich is pretty low :/

1 minute ago, Krisso said:

are you sure it's "normal" temps are still in the 90's when the CPU is running at 3Ghz wich is pretty low :/

use quotes when answering, so ppl get a notification.

the problem is not the cpu or the powerdelivery, it is the anemic cooler that is supposed to diccipate 45 watts f heat with probably two long heatpipes and a heatsink the size of three potatochips, and the fan is a practical joke.

according to intel the 8750h has a Tjunction of 100°C. This is the maximum temp the chip can run at before it will shut off to prevent damage. So when your chip is pegged at 95° or smth it is trying its hardest not to blow up, the temp curve is set very aggresive but hp probably thinks it will last at least until their warranty is over.

This is a typical problem of modern laptop manufacturers trying to tick all the boxes and chasing the specsheet. Apple did it aswell. Everyone just wants more cores aand higher clocks in their laptops without stopping to think if they can actually cool the darn thing.

13 minutes ago, Krisso said:

what you can do to help thermals is get a nice and high quality thermal paste and cut some slots in he plastic of the underside clamshell before putting it on a ventilated stand.

Did that to my buddies laptop and shaved like 8 degrees or so off. but thats about it

6 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

what you can do to help thermals is get a nice and high quality thermal paste and cut some slots in he plastic of the underside clamshell before putting it on a ventilated stand.

Did that to my buddies laptop and shaved like 8 degrees or so off. but thats about it

Well, thanks for all those information, i'll try everything you said, and if it's not working i'll try to sell that crap. 😢
Have a nice day/night 

maybe sell it before u take a dremel to it.

XD

1 minute ago, Krisso said:

Well, thanks for all those information, i'll try everything you said, and if it's not working i'll try to sell that crap. 😢
Have a nice day/night 

2 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

maybe sell it before u take a dremel to it.

XD

yeah that could be smart