New Build won't post. Cpu debug led on

Finally finished new build and it won't post.

MB is MSI x570 meg ace. CPU ez debug LED stays lit and debug code LEDs display 00, which looking online many people say is a problem with the cpu/mb.

Cpu is ryzen 3700x.

I've reseated the cpu and checked the pins (all looked fine), didn't press it down very hard though as didn't want to bend any pins!

Checked the cables are all in securely. This is my first build so there's a chance I've done something incorrectly, but I've checked everything I can think of/read about online so am thinking it's a hardware fault.

Question is, how do I know if it's actually a problem with the CPU or a problem with the motherboard itself?

Should I just return/replace both?

Contemplating just returning everything and buying a prebuilt system :/

(Also any other suggestions would be welcome)

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Here's the manual to your board. You can look up your own post codes with definitive answer. 

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C35v1.1.pdf

Thanks but I've already looked in the manual and there is no code listed for 00, which is what I'm seeing.

The ez debug cou light says it means that the cpu is not detected or fails, but that still doesn't tell me if it's the cpu or the MB itself.

17 minutes ago, Muwatallis said:

Thanks but I've already looked in the manual and there is no code listed for 00, which is what I'm seeing.

The ez debug cou light says it means that the cpu is not detected or fails, but that still doesn't tell me if it's the cpu or the MB itself.

Whoa. I see that. Stupid they leave out one of the most important codes.

OK well typically with AMI bios post code 00 is cpu initialization failed or older would be called Interrupt error 19.

AMI bios 2.2, the 00 code was Flag Test, testing Cpu. Stuck here is cpu failure.

AMI Plus Bios 00 meant Control to Interrupt 19 OR Call to Interrupt 19 for boot loader. 

AMI Color 00 Control to Int 19 boor loader

AMI WIN Bios Control to Int 19 Boot Loader

AMI EZ-Flex Bios also Call to Interupt 19 for boot loader.

I'm not familiar with MSI and it's Bios codes and foundation. This is just what I was able to research with previous verision or AMI bios post codes.

Possible you have pins not making contact in the cpu socket, or the Cpu is dead.

Remove the Cpu, inspect for any bent pins, straighten them and reseat the cpu into the socket. 

Good luck.

Oh and clear the cmos before posting after the cpu reseat.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Whoa. I see that. Stupid they leave out one of the most important codes.

OK well typically with AMI bios post code 00 is cpu initialization failed or older would be called Interrupt error 19.

AMI bios 2.2, the 00 code was Flag Test, testing Cpu. Stuck here is cpu failure.

AMI Plus Bios 00 meant Control to Interrupt 19 OR Call to Interrupt 19 for boot loader. 

AMI Color 00 Control to Int 19 boor loader

AMI WIN Bios Control to Int 19 Boot Loader

AMI EZ-Flex Bios also Call to Interupt 19 for boot loader.

I'm not familiar with MSI and it's Bios codes and foundation. This is just what I was able to research with previous verision or AMI bios post codes.

Possible you have pins not making contact in the cpu socket, or the Cpu is dead.

Remove the Cpu, inspect for any bent pins, straighten them and reseat the cpu into the socket. 

Good luck.

Oh and clear the cmos before posting after the cpu reseat.

Thanks. I've taken the cpu out and checked the pins and reseated it. Also cleared the cmos as you suggested and still no luck.

Do you think it's more likely to be the cpu than the motherboard? And so I should return the cpu, or both?

I'm had kinda hoped I had just plugged the cpu power in incorrectly as my psu is modular, though it's the only socket that it fits (P4/P8 socket), so think that is correct.

1 minute ago, Muwatallis said:

Thanks. I've taken the cpu out and checked the pins and reseated it. Also cleared the cmos as you suggested and still no luck.

Do you think it's more likely to be the cpu than the motherboard? And so I should return the cpu, or both?

I'm had kinda hoped I had just plugged the cpu power in incorrectly as my psu is modular, though it's the only socket that it fits (P4/P8 socket), so think that is correct.

Well the only way to diagnose between motherboard and Cpu is by trying a different cpu.

Either the 4 or 8 pin would fire up that cpu. 8 pin for sure if you where over 100w, but nah. even the 4 pin would fire that chip up. You could try either or, I assume you may have already if your 8 pin breaks away.

Now from my experience, I've killed more Motherboards than CPUs. Biostar stopped first, got the name Biostop. MSI, well, kinda named them Must Stop Instantly. But these are jokes between a few of my OC buddies. One of which I had the pleasure of working with, so making up shit was fun. FX Vishera-squirt cpus pretty much was a weird one based on flying fecal matter. That's how bad the Cpu was IPC wise in most people's eyes. I had quite a few thought was cheap OC fun. 

If I had to wager moneys, I'd return the board. Post code stuck error 00, no definitive answer in the owners manual for diagnostics. Get your moneys back. Hopefully the board didn't take out the cpu, but not sure how you feel on taking chances there. If you had someone near by that had a system you could try the cpu in, that would be cool.