New graphics card problems

Chodzik

I have an AMD fx4300 on an MSI 760GM-p34 (fx) motherboard and I just got a GTX 1650. Installed it and my rig doesn't even use the card so I need help with this.

What do you mean doesn't even use the card?Do you have the monitor plugged into the gpu?Did you set in bios to use the external gpu?

Bios is what I didn't do, when I view specs it shows Microsoft basic graphics adapter. I did not know you had to do that when swapping cards

So that didn't change anything, the bios setting was already set to PCI-e but the other slot is pci-1, would that work or not?

48 minutes ago, Chodzik said:

So that didn't change anything, the bios setting was already set to PCI-e but the other slot is pci-1, would that work or not?

If you plug in a video cable(hdmi or dp) into the gpu and get a picute FORGET ABOUT BIOS.You install the driver from the nvidia site and that should be it and you will see in dev manger gtx 1650 instead of microstoftbasic display adapter

I've tried that already but the drivers won't install, plus the driver search only shows for Windows 7 and 10 and I have 8.1

Nevermind that, didn't know you could just Google search and it gives you the right one, but thanks a ton man.