Archlinux help.

Hello Forums:

Recently I tried to dual boot with archlinux on my Macbook Pro late 2011. Everything went well for the first few minutes of installation, and now i am stuck with the error of 

Firmware file "b43/ucode29_mimo.fw" not found

Firmware File "b43-open/ucode29_mimo.fw" not found

You must go to http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#devicefirmware and download the correct firmware for this driver version. Please carefully read all instructions on this website.

Whenever I goto the website, I don't see archlinux as an option, so I don't know which line of code I should try to use. If one of you could tell me which one it is, that'd be great.

Thanks

//ccap

Hello Forums:

Recently I tried to dual boot with archlinux on my Macbook Pro late 2011. Everything went well for the first few minutes of installation, and now i am stuck with the error of 

Whenever I goto the website, I don't see archlinux as an option, so I don't know which line of code I should try to use. If one of you could tell me which one it is, that'd be great.

Thanks

Just one question, does the error appear when trying to install and it just stops?

i'm a potato

Just one question, does the error appear when trying to install and it just stops?

Yes, it was in the middle of installation and is currently paused on this screen.

//ccap

Yes, it was in the middle of installation and is currently paused on this screen.

Maybe try the other distros method. You could also ask on the Arch Linux Forum, people will probably know best there.

Good luck! :)

i'm a potato

Maybe try the other distros method. You could also ask on the Arch Linux Forum, people will probably know best there.

Good luck! :)

Thanks! Problem is, I don't have a compiler, nor do I know how to use one. I'll just try out all of them until one of them works >.>

//ccap

Thanks! Problem is, I don't have a compiler, nor do I know how to use one. I'll just try out all of them until one of them works >.>

Ok... :ph34r:

i'm a potato

You need to install the b43-fwcutter file from the core repositories

pacman -S b43-fwcutter

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

You need to install the b43-fwcutter file from the core repositories

pacman -S b43-fwcutter

warning: database file for 'core' does not exist

warning: database file for 'extra' does not exist

warning: database file for 'community' does not exist

I'm guessing I'm missing a few things. :P

//ccap

Potentially, just remember to search the repos is pacman -S's , if that doesn't work search the arch user repositories

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?