Wanting to know more about laptop screen compatibility

So I am upgrading the screen on my Dell G3, I bought a new Samsung panel (LTN156HL01-102) as a replacement for the original screen (LG, LP156WF6 SPM3). But when I connected the new panel to the laptop it shows nothing but a black screen (the back light still works). I have contacted the seller and they told me it is a compatibility issue, but I have seen people upgrading their Dell G3 with the Samsung Panel on reddit. Is there anything that can help or did I just got a faulty panel?

3 minutes ago, dom123048 said:

So I am upgrading the screen on my Dell G3, I bought a new Samsung panel (LTN156HL01-102) as a replacement for the original screen (LG, LP156WF6 SPM3). But when I connected the new panel to the laptop it shows nothing but a black screen (the back light still works). I have contacted the seller and they told me it is a compatibility issue, but I have seen people upgrading their Dell G3 with the Samsung Panel on reddit. Is there anything that can help or did I just got a faulty panel?

With a quick google search, it shows it should be compatible. You may of gotten a faulty panel.