Best high-end Graphics Card in Australia (?)(Price/Performance)

What would you guys say the best high-end Graphics Card is for the money (and performance) in Aus right now? I'm leaning towards the Asus 780 DCUII.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

MSY/PCCG

Bought a Gigabyte 1040mhz OC R9-290 for $579, 2 days later I see it for $540, oh well..

There is a Gigabyte 290 non-OC @ 947mhz for $529 I think too... which you can OC to the same performance levels easily.

Don't know green teams pricing, maybe find better there...

290>290x is silly IMO, stuff all difference in performance VS price hike.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On PCCG You can get a standard 780 from palit for $580 or a 290 custom cooled from powercolor for $530 it just depends whether a few degrees of heat matter to you and what features you like on your card (G-Sync, Mantle, Eyefinity vs Surround, bridgeless crossfire etc).

Just bought the Windforce 290, $520. Fantastic GPU and dominates every game I put infront of it.

Edit - Its very cool and quiet & picked it up from PCCG too.

Edited by Pvtjace
Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

I've looked into the Powercolor r9 290 PCS+, it looks pretty sweet. Here's a pretty amateur but nice and detailed review on YouTube, the Newegg user reviews are pretty helpful too.

I love that completely black look, it's not going to clash with my go-to black/blue theme. I love a good backplate too. At $529 from PCCG, I'm pretty interested in this card.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on