Black screen and fans at 100% after crash

Zule

Was deleting some files from storage drive, and ran control panel at the same time, screen froze and went black

Rebooted pc all i got is black screen and fans working at 100%, every time. Pc worked famtastic until now

Rebooted, rebuilt pc, looked for broken cables but all seems to be fine

I run win 10

B450 Gaming plus 

GTX 1660TI

Ryzen 5 3600

Xpg 2x8gb 3200mhz

Platinum pro 700w 80plus

Xpg 240gb m.2 

And one kingston 128gb m.2 pluged in m. 2 to pcie 3 lane

You never got your system booting up again?
Even after a couple of minutes without power and giving the system some time to boot.
Is that correct?

Are you able to swab out your graphics card or other components and thest those in a different system?

I would try to recede components first. One my one not all at the same time. Graphics card and memory in the first place.
In case you already did that then try to swap them out or test them on a diferent system if you can.

Also: Is there any indicator on the mainboard? e.g. Post code display or a tiny speaker/beeper?

Tryed tk test with both ssds out or changed, nothing, disconnected gpu nothing, tryed changing ram, nothing

When i leave it on for some time it resets autimatically 

Okay before doing that you should have tried following:
Unplug your whole system (the whole setup, pc, monitor, etc.) for several minutes and try to boot back up.
Give it some time to boot. Several minutes.

Listen for beeps and look for error codes in case you have a beeper and ore boot code display on your mainboard/motherboard.
Is there  any?

If not try to disconnect exterior devices or connect them to different ports. Try a different port on your video card.
If nothing helbs then you might give your system memory a lottle gentle wiggel or recede it to make sure it has a poper connection.
Try the graphics card after that if still no success. Ceck if all power cables are connectet properly or if one came loose.

If all that doesnt halp the try to test components on a diferent system as written above (if possible)

Just now, Zule said:

Tryed tk test with both ssds out or changed, nothing, disconnected gpu nothing, tryed changing ram, nothing

When i leave it on for some time it resets autimatically 

Okay

Do you have an onboard or integrated video card?
In that case try to disconnect your card from the mainboard and boot via the internal graphics

Unpluges and tested, same thing black screen and fans at 100%

No beeps, no led indicators

There is no display on mobo

Tryed diffrent pci lane for gpu, same problem, connected and disconnected memory and is the same

All cables are connected good, checked them all

Have you tried to clear the cmos/uefi?

Edit: Check your mainboard manual on how to do that properly. Usualy you short some pins for a couple of seconds

Finally something, got this

15843980063204245304867949974784.jpg

Nice! What have you done?
Or is it just booted up after a couple of secounds?

I once had similar issues with memory overclocking in Ryzen 1st gen. It just gave me a black screen and the fans spin. After a couple of automatic reboots it went into a save mode as yours and let me configure in the bios.
You situation seems to be different though.

Check the Bios for strange settings and if your in doubt thry to loaf the factory defaults. Depends on how you customized your settings/oc

Ive done nothing, just left it alone

Ill try, thanks for help, if im stuck ill reply

Alright but I might reply the next day. Hopfully someone else can help in case it's urgent :)

• 5 weeks later...

*** SOLUTION FOUND ***

I'm going round the threads associated with this to give the information that I've been collecting over the last 3 weeks whilst experiencing the same exact problem.

I started with an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition which then artifacted (faulty GDDR6 Ram Modules from Micron), and then replaced with the exact same card, except this time it failed with a black screen and 100% fan usage.

Thinking its the GPU again, I got a replacement RTX 2080 Ti except this time it was the MSI RTX 2080 Ti Ventus GP OC (factory overclocked version of the gp basically).

Immediately presented with the same problem.

Sometimes I can't even post, sometimes I can get to login screen on windows and it then crashes the second I try to type my pin in, sometimes It loads but with windows default drivers then crashes when NVIDIA's drivers are loaded, and finally sometimes it crashes when loading up ANY game.

The common problem here is NOT the graphics card in my case.

It was the POWER DELIVERY. 

I traced the cables to the PSU and noticed the 8 pin connector wasn't fully snapped into the Corsair 550W Bronze semi modular PSU.

After pushing this all the way in, it clicked and everything went back to normal and started working.

A few things to note here - the machine was a prebuilt but was brand new, as well as all the GPU's used.

Whenever the GPU ramped up in power usage, it cut off and got a black screen, with 100% fan usage that can't be fixed unless you 

IF this is not your problem, and you have even tried swapping out your PSU then your GPU is actually to blame here.

As others have posted, either get a new GPU which comes repasted, or repaste the GPU yourself.

For me, multiple GPUs did not fix this problem.

Good luck all!