External Headphone-AMP for 600 Ohm Headphones

Hello everyone,

recently i changed out my motherboard to a MSI B450 Tomahawk and now the graphics card is covering most of my PCI-Express slots. (Its a 3.75 slot-card including the aftermarket air cooler.)

The only one left is not usable with a sound card because then the cooler of my graphics card is almost completely blocked off and my temeratures are skyrocketing...

I was ruinning my "Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edtion 600 Ohm" headphones with an "Asus Xonar Essence STX II" sound card.

I absolutely loved the sound-profile of this combination.

Right now the headphones run off my mainboard and the sound is rather flat and boring as it is not made for 600 Ohm headphones.

Now i am searching for an external headphone-AMP for 200,- € or less that is equivalent to my sound card.

Of course it should be available in Germany and not bottleneck my DT 990 in any way.

Any reccomendations?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Hello everyone,

recently i changed out my motherboard to a MSI B450 Tomahawk and now the graphics card is covering most of my PCI-Express slots. (Its a 3.75 slot-card including the aftermarket air cooler.)

The only one left is not usable with a sound card because then the cooler of my graphics card is almost completely blocked off and my temeratures are skyrocketing...

I was ruinning my "Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edtion 600 Ohm" headphones with an "Asus Xonar Essence STX II" sound card.

I absolutely loved the sound-profile of this combination.

Right now the headphones run off my mainboard and the sound is rather flat and boring as it is not made for 600 Ohm headphones.

Now i am searching for an external headphone-AMP for 200,- € or less that is equivalent to my sound card.

Of course it should be available in Germany and not bottleneck my DT 990 in any way.

Any reccomendations?

Schiit heresy and a topping d10 is a good combo, or the fiio k5 pro