New to pc gaming

So i am looking to make a gaming pc and i have zero knowledge.... so i am here to ask what i could get myself for about 3000 to 3250 canadien dollars. I have a friend giving me mouse and keyboard and a monitor.

4 minutes ago, The Grim Dealer said:

That amount of money would get you a pretty dope rig. This part list should give you an idea of what you could be looking at, in terms of price/performance https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZhXpV7

Of course, I would recommend changing/adding different parts to that list to suit your needs.

from what i am reading the cooler that comes with the 3700x would be fine for cooling, i will look for a modular power solution if possible also.

Do i really need a 2080 ti as i am gonna be using a LG 34GK950F-B monitor would a 2080 super do it ?

4 minutes ago, Henrycarlsons said:

Do i really need a 2080 ti as i am gonna be using a LG 34GK950F-B monitor would a 2080 super do it ?

Both cards will run that well, but if you can afford the 2080ti then go for it, as it will last longer

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

1 minute ago, Henrycarlsons said:

The 2080 Ti might be excessive. Just figured if that's your budget, might as well include it.

But the 2080S would be fine for that monitor. It might not hit a constant 144Hz at the monitor's native resolution, but that would depend on the game you're playing and what settings graphics settings comfortable with.

thx will look into it, i also found a inwin case i think it is a 303 or something like that for 99$ at a local store