Pc random restart, HELP.

Mahbub

ok i cleaned the pc few days back, after reassembly.. it restarted a few times under load... today i again opened and restarted and am running stress test for like 4 hours now and that issue seems to be gone, can someone say what might have caused it?

lot of things can happen. Maybe dust in your ram slot, maybe some shoddy wall power. Computers are almost like living things,s ometimes they get sick and then they get better.

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

4 minutes ago, Donut Dan said:

lot of things can happen. Maybe dust in your ram slot, maybe some shoddy wall power. Computers are almost like living things,s ometimes they get sick and then they get better.

thanks.. i am running furmark as i type..  and the issue seems to be resolved after i reassembled today.. do i need to be worried?

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

thanks.. i am running furmark as i type..  and the issue seems to be resolved after i reassembled today.. do i need to be worried?

I don't think you should worry too much. If it happens again soon, you should consider seeing if something is defective, but if it works, it works.

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

Similar issue occurred to me. It was a long chain of events which fried 2 motherboards 2 CPUs, 1 set of Ram. It was later discovered that the whole problem was caused due to a faulty power supply. The issue was at first one restart every 7-9 power ups. Later it escalated to every 2 power ups at the end it stopped to power up. On diagnosis it turned out the cpu was gone. Got the cpu RMAed. Powered the PC everything worked fine for like a week. Then same problem occurred this time everything fried. After replacing everything and waiting for about 2 months for everything to be RMAed. It worked fine for 2 months without any issue but the same problem occurred finally, the psu gave up. Since then it has been 1.5 years without any issues. So my recommendation would be to use a different psu to diagnose and stress test restart a few dozen times. If the problem still occurs then it maybe some other part although highly unlikely. 

15 minutes ago, Agent Crimson said:

Similar issue occurred to me. It was a long chain of events which fried 2 motherboards 2 CPUs, 1 set of Ram. It was later discovered that the whole problem was caused due to a faulty power supply. The issue was at first one restart every 7-9 power ups. Later it escalated to every 2 power ups at the end it stopped to power up. On diagnosis it turned out the cpu was gone. Got the cpu RMAed. Powered the PC everything worked fine for like a week. Then same problem occurred this time everything fried. After replacing everything and waiting for about 2 months for everything to be RMAed. It worked fine for 2 months without any issue but the same problem occurred finally, the psu gave up. Since then it has been 1.5 years without any issues. So my recommendation would be to use a different psu to diagnose and stress test restart a few dozen times. If the problem still occurs then it maybe some other part although highly unlikely. 

ok.. i refitted wires n again running stress test.. so far seems fine... not restarted again

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv