Updated windows last night, windows installation has y e e t e d itself into the oblivion along with my Linux installation???

piemadd

So, before going to bed, I shut down my PC. It has the "Update and Shutdown" button there, and I didn't think much of it. I drifted off into a slumber, relaxed due to the fact that my spring break has come quite early (Covid-19 is peepee and its doing so much harm to my school schedule). I wake up, make some pizza dough, go to Zaxby's, hang out with my gf, get home, build my brother's computer, and then sit down at my desk to finish grinding at the Shattered Web Operation challenges for CS:GO. Hit the power button, select my windows drive, aaaaaannnnddddd "Operating system not found"

bruh

Heres my drives:

Drive 0 - Windows SSD (240GB Kingston)

Drive 1 - Linux SSD (120GB Crucial)

Drives 2 and 3 - 2 x 1TB Seagate HDDs in Raid 0 (Where my games and personal files are stored)

I have tried booting into linux, that got corrupted between yesterday and today (hmmmmm), tried making a windows recovery tool (doesn't detect shite). Nothing worked. I am currently creating a windows installation flash drive, which will hopefully function correctly, but I wanted to see if anybody had any other ideas of what I can do before this is needed.

i like trains 馃檪

6 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

So, before going to bed, I shut down my PC. It has the "Update and Shutdown" button there, and I didn't think much of it. I drifted off into a slumber, relaxed due to the fact that my spring break has come quite early (Covid-19 is peepee and its doing so much harm to my school schedule). I wake up, make some pizza dough, go to Zaxby's, hang out with my gf, get home, build my brother's computer, and then sit down at my desk to finish grinding at the Shattered Web Operation challenges for CS:GO. Hit the power button, select my windows drive, aaaaaannnnddddd "Operating system not found"

bruh

Heres my drives:

Drive 0 - Windows SSD (240GB Kingston)

Drive 1 - Linux SSD (120GB Crucial)

Drives 2 and 3 - 2 x 1TB Seagate HDDs in Raid 0 (Where my games and personal files are stored)

I have tried booting into linux, that got corrupted between yesterday and today (hmmmmm), tried making a windows recovery tool (doesn't detect shite). Nothing worked. I am currently creating a windows installation flash drive, which will hopefully function correctly, but I wanted to see if anybody had any other ideas of what I can do before this is needed.

What probably happened is GRUB decided to install itself on your Windows drive alongside the Windows Boot Loader, the update messed with some BCD stuff and destroyed GRUB and now GRUB cannot boot at all.

You should probably boot into Linux recovery mode off a USB and run sudo update-grub, hopefully GRUB will recover itself and rewrite the correct BCD (including your Windows install).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)