First Window, And Post!

Hey guys I'm thirteen and this is my first ever window, I built my pc a year ago, and I thought the Antec 300 looked a bit plain, but never really did anything about it until now. I used a 35000 RPM rotary tool from harbor freight for 25 bucks.This took me about 10 min and 3 blades (DREMEL brand). I still need to get some molding and acrylic, and I will touch up the paint the Linus way, using a SHarpie. Please let me know what you guys think. I'm also planning on replacing the plasticky meshy thingy on the front panel with tinted glass, and modding the top to fit a 360 radiator if I watercool. Oh and I have UV blue lighting, but for some reason you can't see it in the picture.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I dont know if I'm right, but "touching up" something as visible as a side panel with a sharpie isnt going to work that well. What Linus uses it for is inside the case where you are very unlikly yo notice it the dark, especially if you use UV lighting I think.

Did you mean to attach a pic too? :) 

(Comming soon)

Sorry,for some reason the file wouldnt post if i used my iPad

post-16829-0-90995500-1367193237_thumb.j

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I dont know if I'm right, but "touching up" something as visible as a side panel with a sharpie isnt going to work that well. What Linus uses it for is inside the case where you are very unlikly yo notice it the dark, especially if you use UV lighting I think.

Did you mean to attach a pic too  

Hey guys I'm thirteen and this is my first ever window, I built my pc a year ago, and I thought the Antec 300 looked a bit plain, but never really did anything about it until now. I used a 35000 RPM rotary tool from harbor freight for 25 bucks.This took me about 10 min and 3 blades (DREMEL brand). I still need to get some molding and acrylic, and I will touch up the paint the Linus way, using a SHarpie. Please let me know what you guys think. I'm also planning on replacing the plasticky meshy thingy on the front panel with tinted glass, and modding the top to fit a 360 radiator if I watercool. Oh and I have UV blue lighting, but for some reason you can't see it in the picture.

yeah, i guess ill use spray paint, or maybe ill sandblast the case and repaint it. I cant do anything right now because I have to study for CSTs and other state tests! 

Oh and if anyone cares, Specs are as follows

Fx6100
HD 6850

8gb 1600mhz PAtriot ram

AsusM5a97 (I've had nothing but problems with this board, stay away!)
500gb WD Cavair Blue 
raidmax rx630z semi modular

looks nice could use a bit of a touch up in the corners with a file or sand paper than respraying, also wondering if it was done from the other side of the panel would it have looked better as in not as many scuffs, 

main rig: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GFvH7P

next upgrades. h440 . 8320.  possible liquid cooling AIO

Hope you don't mind me posting a couple of pics of my first window. Done with a Dremel then carbon fibre effect vinyl ontop of it with hex screws to hole the tinted perspex inplace. I had to file the corners to make sure they were smooth before putting vinyl on to stop any nasty bumps. Hope it gives you some ideas.

Viro

post-8421-0-69426700-1367341156.jpg

post-8421-0-57604700-1367341169.jpg

post-8421-0-69426700-1367341156.jpg

post-8421-0-57604700-1367341169.jpg

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40

Viroth that looks awesome, i tried that on a desktop once and more of it got stuck on me then the case

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hope you don't mind me posting a couple of pics of my first window. Done with a Dremel then carbon fibre effect vinyl ontop of it with hex screws to hole the tinted perspex inplace. I had to file the corners to make sure they were smooth before putting vinyl on to stop any nasty bumps. Hope it gives you some ideas.

Viro

attachicon.gifP1010057.JPG

attachicon.gifP1010059.jpg

DUDE THAT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME.

that is a nice looking panel, just wondering how easy was it to do?

Pretty easy, just wear eye protection, and get a decent tool. It's really loud though.

Just patience tbh, you will be breathing some dust so I do say wearing a mask/eye protection is a must. You would be stupid not to! I just got a cheap £20 fake Dremel and that worked fine for me, Just don't rush, that's the main thing I found to be the hardest. One tip I would say would be to put masking tape on the area you are cutting as it will be easier to keep to a straight line.

Viro

Intel i5 4670k @4.5 | 16GB Patiot Viper Xtreme | Corsair H100i | MSI Z87 GD65 | Crossfire x2 Asus 7950 Direct CUII

250GB OCZ SSD | LG Bluray RW Drive | 750Watt PSU | Corsair 450D | Corsair K50 | Corsair M40

if your school has a metal/ plastic works class why not talk to a teacher and get some advice from them, from what i can see though nice work. a neat trick i learn its to cover the entire panel on both sides with masking tape, it reduces possible damage and reduces the strain on the tools you are using

Character artist in the Games industry.