Null

Devezio

which drivers version are you running? people have been having issues with 20.2.2 and have uninstalled it and reinstalled 20.2.1 and that seemed to fix most of their problems.

8 minutes ago, tdkid said:

which drivers version are you running? people have been having issues with 20.2.2 and have uninstalled it and reinstalled 20.2.1 and that seemed to fix most of their problems.

Same thing happened on previous driver versions too, it's crazy. Even went as far as to roll back farther and the issue still persists.

It's not as common but, still there nontheless.

Might have to bite the bullet and RMA it looks like.

then I don't know, I am about to replace my GPU but because its old so I am here to learn all I can about the different ones before I make a decision on which one to buy but so far AMD anything is gone.

3 minutes ago, tdkid said:

then I don't know, I am about to replace my GPU but because its old so I am here to learn all I can about the different ones before I make a decision on which one to buy but so far AMD anything is gone.

I'll be bluntly honest here, before 20.2.2 the black screen issues and what not were nearly making me ready to go nvidia, after the new drivers though all of my issues went away (except for this obviously, i dont blame AMD it just seems like a defective card at this point.)

At their current state now i recommend AMD wholeheartedly, when this card works its a great gaming experience.

Thanks for the help though man, looks like i'm just gonna contact powercolor and see if i can get an RMA. Good luck on making your decision with your next GPU. 

Cheers!

is the card under warranty or not? that might help you when you contact them, and now I know that it may not have been my card failing by AMD doing an update even though my card is ancient by component standards. its an AMD radeon HD 6700 series ( I think 6770) from 2012 when I bought it inside a prebuilt computer that I just replaced in Nov. of 2018.

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

is the card under warranty or not? that might help you when you contact them, and now I know that it may not have been my card failing by AMD doing an update even though my card is ancient by component standards. its an AMD radeon HD 6700 series ( I think 6770) from 2012 when I bought it inside a prebuilt computer that I just replaced in Nov. of 2018.

I looked at their policies and what not and as long as you are a US or Canadian citizen that can provide an address and prove that you bought from their authorized sellers you will have a 2 year warranty on the card automatically. This is assuming you haven't pulled off the back plate and tinkered with the insides. So i'm still in the clear there, will give em a ring tomorrow instead of typing out the form. Yeah, that's a fairly old card. Gonna need to pick yourself up a new one, but at least it served you for a long time. Just goes to show components may get old but as long as they are taken care of they don't stop working.

you can tear off the fans and back plate as mush as you want as long as you don't mess with the parts of the card. there are several videos on youtube of people taking off the stock coolers from the company they bought it from and put on a water cooler system to get it to run cooler and better overall. and that doesn't void the warranty as the one inspection sticker on it is only there to say the card was tested and passed what it said it is.