pc boot help

Lavrans888
Go to solution Solved by Caennanu,
4 minutes ago, Lavrans888 said:

When I ran the system restore, this screen was in the way and I could not do anything.

ahh so basically 'this screen' prevents you from selecting the boot device. 

Hit del to enter bios, look for something named like 'splash screen' or 'full screen bios logo' something like that. 

turn that off to get rid of this screen.

But aside of turning it off, this screen doens't actually block any of the normal things.

If you hit F11 while this screen is there, you will be prompted with a selection screen afterwards where you can select your install media, or your boot drive.

If you wait long enough, it should also boot into windows, if one is installed. If you get a boot cycle from this to black to this to black etc. your windows will be corrupt and you need to install windows again, hit F11 and select your usb or dvd drive to re-install windows.

After I upgraded my ram, processor, graphics card and added an ssd, My pc boots into a "press del to enter bios, pres f11 to run boot setup" screen. why does it not boot directly into windows? I have checked my boot drive sequence and my disk with windows on it is first. My bios has the newest update.

My motherboard is an MSI a320m pro vh pIus.

It was not bothering me until I was doing a system wipe where this menu interfiered with windows making it cancel the wipe and take me back to windows 10

I used to have a 1050ti, ryzen 3 1200 and 8 gb ram

Now i have a 2060, ryzen 5 2600 and 16 gb ram

i'm not quite getting the situation.

You're saying that before you did a clean install, you were able to boot into windows.

During the setup, something went wrong, and now its stuck on this screen?

If that is the case, simply start the install again from a bootable drive and try again?

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

I think that's normal in MSI mother boards.

I have a PC with one and it does that.

I have an laptop that has that.

is the boot screen similar to this? 

unnamed.jpg

13 minutes ago, fookin some1 needs help said:

unnamed.jpg

yes! But it did not happen before I installed new parts

20 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

i'm not quite getting the situation.

You're saying that before you did a clean install, you were able to boot into windows.

During the setup, something went wrong, and now its stuck on this screen?

If that is the case, simply start the install again from a bootable drive and try again?

14 minutes ago, fookin some1 needs help said:

unnamed.jpg

When I ran the system restore, this screen was in the way and I could not do anything.

4 minutes ago, Lavrans888 said:

Hit del to enter bios, look for something named like 'splash screen' or 'full screen bios logo' something like that. 

But aside of turning it off, this screen doens't actually block any of the normal things.

If you hit F11 while this screen is there, you will be prompted with a selection screen afterwards where you can select your install media, or your boot drive.

If you wait long enough, it should also boot into windows, if one is installed. If you get a boot cycle from this to black to this to black etc. your windows will be corrupt and you need to install windows again, hit F11 and select your usb or dvd drive to re-install windows.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

7 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Thank you! I tried this before, but I wondered if this actually works because I see my boot drives for 1 sec before it boots into windows. I will have faith and try the restore again.

You might have boot order correct, but drive priority wrong. It's usually in different option under boot section.