needs windows 10 help

just a general question my friend send her PC back to the place she brought it to have it repaired but when it came back with an un-activated version and going into activation won't work will she have to buy a whole new version of windows or is there something she can do?

Hi rawrturkey,

Please could you elaborate on the version of Windows that you're trying to activate?

Regards,

Jordan Bell

Forensic Cybersecurity Analyst (6YR Experience)

GSN Global (GSN UK)

--------------------------------

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

1 minute ago, GSN said:

Hi rawrturkey,

Please could you elaborate on the version of Windows that you're trying to activate?

Regards,

pretty sure she had a full version of windows 10 before she sent it away but when it came back it has the activate windows watermark 

Just now, rawrturkey said:

pretty sure she had a full version of windows 10 before she sent it away but when it came back it has the activate windows watermark 

I'd have her give them a call and ask for a new key or something.

Hopefully they just reinstalled windows and forgot to put in the key and don't give her any issues :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, rawrturkey said:

When you go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation, please can you provide a screenshot of what's displayed so I can address any potential error codes and such. Usually this issue is caused by repair companies simply installing a fresh ISO of the operating system.

Also make sure you're signed into Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account. This will ensure that when Windows attempts to reach activation servers (KMS), it will use the HID from your motherboard and assign a digital license accordingly.

Regards,

Jordan Bell

GSN Global (GSN UK)

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

Just now, GSN said:

When you go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation, please can you provide a screenshot of what's displayed so I can address any potential error codes and such. Usually this issue is caused by repair companies simply installing a fresh ISO of the operating system.

Also make sure you're signed into Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account. This will ensure that when Windows attempts to reach activation servers (KMS), it will use the HID from your motherboard and assign a digital license accordingly.

Regards,

she is asleep at the current time i will get her to provide it to me in the morning 

1 minute ago, rawrturkey said:

she is asleep at the current time i will get her to provide it to me in the morning 

No problem, I'll keep monitoring this thread in the meantime.

Windows 10 Keyless Digital Activation takes place when a Microsoft Account is present on the device and has been activated on the machine before, Microsoft will recognise the Hardware Identifier of your system and assign a digital license that binds to your Microsoft Account automatically. Usually, adding an account to Windows and running the Windows Activation Troubleshooter instantly fixes the problem. If you need help with this, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards,

Jordan Bell

GSN Global (GSN UK)