MSI customer support.

Shaqalac

Hi LTT.

So I'm trying to RMA a graphics card at MSI and they've approved a card swap, which definitely is good. The thing is on the 31 of January they requested me to sent them some various information about me and the card to be able to provide the card swap, so later the same day I sent them all the information that had requested. On the 6 February I had received no answer, which seems a bit weird as they were pretty quick to reply to me previous emails (1-2 days), so I sent them another email with all the information in case the email got lost somewhere. Today I still haven't heard from them and is starting to get a bit annoyed as I really would like to get my graphics card replace.

I realise it might be smarter to just call them instead but I'm from Denmark and there's no Danish MSI customer support. So my question is, what number should I call, thinking it should be one of the UK numbers and will it be free to call?

Cheers Shaqalac.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Do not call them...It's expensive to call a 0800 number in the uk

Just keep checking your inbox for your email and keep yourself updated

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Do not call them...It's expensive to call a 0800 number in the uk

Just keep checking your inbox for your email and keep yourself updated

Where do you see that 0800 number?

This is the number I can see from the link in my first post:

United Kingdom MSI Computer (UK) Ltd.
  • Tel: +44 (0)20 3608 5252

I've just tweeted @msitweets, hopefully it'll pay off.

I've checked my inbox and spam folder everyday for the last two weeks. It just seems weird that they replied so fast on the first 3 emails I sent them (same conversation) and now they haven't replied for over two weeks.

Ah I see my bad...I was curious and nervous..020 numbers are better..but isn't it a international call since you're in Denmark?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Ah I see my bad...I was curious and nervous..020 numbers are better..but isn't it a international call since you're in Denmark?

So better how, is that a free number to call if you're located in the UK?

In Denmark for example a 80 XX XX XX number is free to call.

Some numbers are free to call within the EU. Have called the WoW customer support several times before they changed it to skype calls and that was free to call.

So better how, is that a free number to call if you're located in the UK?

Some numbers are free to call within the EU. Have called the WoW customer support several times before they changed it to skype calls and that was free to call.

erm..sorry I should've explained how its "better" but since its a home line number it costs less using mobile phones or a home phone in the UK depending also on your Broadband/Telephone provider.

tbh I think I'm confusing myself about something I was going to include after this sentence but I'd better not as it might confuse you too :S

erm..sorry I should've explained how its "better" but since its a home line number it costs less using mobile phones or a home phone in the UK depending also on your Broadband/Telephone provider.

tbh I think I'm confusing myself about something I was going to include after this sentence but I'd better not as it might confuse you too :S

I did a Google search on "020" and the only thing found out was that it's the area code for London.

Thanks for your time and help, hopefully somebody else will be able to help me a bit further with this.

call them with skype. voip has better rates than mobiles and does not care where in the world you are

call them with skype. voip has better rates than mobiles and does not care where in the world you are

So far it looks like the most appealing solution, besides from MSI answering my tweet or, even better, my email.

To call UK Skype charges you 2 cents/min, which isn't bad at all.

So far it looks like the most appealing solution, besides from MSI answering my tweet or, even better, my email.

To call UK Skype charges you 2 cents/min, which isn't bad at all.

I have cable internet but no phone so i call the numbers that are mobile friendly with Skype I think i have spent about £5 a year on calls so far.  Can see myself getting a land line any time soon

Voip is really the best from of calling nowadays

I have cable internet but no phone so i call the numbers that are mobile friendly with Skype I think i have spent about £5 a year on calls so far.  Can see myself getting a land line any time soon

Voip is really the best from of calling nowadays

The only reason why we have a land line is because it's a part of our Internet/TV package, we never use it.

I tried to figure out at what times I'm able to call MSI but I can't seem to find anything. Anyone got better eyes than me?

• 2 weeks later...

So on the 17 of Febuary I called the UK division and the guy I talked with told me to send the emails I've sent to the technical support and he would push it forward in the system.

So yesterday, 8 days past I sent the email containing all the information that should provide me with a card swap, nothing. Haven't heard one single word from them. Once again I called the UK division and again mentioned I'm from Denmark. This time the salesman told me that Denmark were within the Netherlands region and I had to call them instead.

Today I called the Netherlands division and to my surprise there were no options of what kind of supporter I should talk to, it went straight to a "supporter". The supporter turned out to be a receptionist and she told me that they didn't provided any technical support and that I should head to https://register.msi.com/, which doesn't really solve my problem.

Back to UK division again. I talked to a supporter who wrote down my email and is getting the technical support to email me.

Hopefully this will be the last of it. I just want my graphics card replaced.