screen tearing on 60fps

Ls9L

so i just installed the r5 3600x and i was just playing my game and that might have nothing to do with it but i noticed that when i have my frame rate uncapped which i normally do i dont get any screen tears and i capped my fps to 60 and i got screen tearing which makes no sense because im on a 60hz tv shouldnt it be the other way around lmao you guys probably gonna think im crazy but i promise thats what is happening and another question when i installed my cpu and ran cinebench r20 i cant remember the score but i got a score and then when i went into bios and overclocked my cpu 100mhz more the score went down which makes no sense either 

14 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

overclocked my cpu 100mhz more the score went down which makes no sense either 

You probably raised temps, which made your boost clock worse.

15 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

60 and i got screen tearing which makes no sense because im on a 60hz tv

What model, some of them are less hz at there full resolution.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

what GPU are you using?

your score might had went down because you might had something running in background. If you are on windows 10 enable focus assist from notification panel at bottom right and then run the benchmark.

I had the exact same problem with my 3600x, lower clocks results were better than higher clock ones. I thinking its a something to do with not enough volts. If i remember correctly CPU was running fine with some extreme low voltages but the results weren't improving. If i remember correctly I was running stable 4.35 GHZ all core with 1.3375 volts but results weren't any better then 4.33 Ghz. 

If you're overclocking to improve in game Fps I suggest leave it at stock. I tested with many clock speeds 4.3, 4.33, 4.35, Stock gave the best gaming results. I noticed at stock speed it was boosting to around 4.2 max in games. then I overclocked it to 4.3 it was then boosting to 4.1 max in games. And when I clocked it to 3.8 it was boosting to 3.6 in games. whatever I did it was just boosting about 200mhz lower in games than the actual clock speed.            

46 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

when i installed my cpu and ran cinebench r20 i cant remember the score but i got a score and then when i went into bios and overclocked my cpu 100mhz more the score went down which makes no sense either 

which score? single or multi? adding an all core overclock will auto disable precision boost overdrive to make sure its not trying to overclock a core twice, so your single should go down and multi up

49 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

so i just installed the r5 3600x and i was just playing my game and that might have nothing to do with it but i noticed that when i have my frame rate uncapped which i normally do i dont get any screen tears and i capped my fps to 60 and i got screen tearing which makes no sense because im on a 60hz tv shouldnt it be the other way around lmao you guys probably gonna think im crazy but i promise thats what is happening

what are you using to cap the frame rate?

52 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

so i just installed the r5 3600x and i was just playing my game and that might have nothing to do with it but i noticed that when i have my frame rate uncapped which i normally do i dont get any screen tears and i capped my fps to 60 and i got screen tearing which makes no sense because im on a 60hz tv shouldnt it be the other way around lmao you guys probably gonna think im crazy but i promise thats what is happening and another question when i installed my cpu and ran cinebench r20 i cant remember the score but i got a score and then when i went into bios and overclocked my cpu 100mhz more the score went down which makes no sense either 

What graphics card do you have, what game are you playing, and how are you capping your framerate?  Without V-Sync, you'll still get tearing because there's no buffer.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Try reboot, sometime happened to me after PC sleep.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

15 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

What graphics card do you have, what game are you playing, and how are you capping your framerate?  Without V-Sync, you'll still get tearing because there's no buffer.

rx 570 8gb gddr5 im capping the framerate with the frame capper in the game 

16 hours ago, scuff gang said:

You probably raised temps, which made your boost clock worse.

What model, some of them are less hz at there full resolution.

no my temps went down like 20 degrees actually and its a generic onn 50 inch 4k tv but im running 1440p 60hz

13 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Try reboot, sometime happened to me after PC sleep.

reboot for what ?

8 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

reboot for what ?

Sometimes it helps, actually, more often than not it will fix small issues.

its a Windows thing...

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

20 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

In what game?

fortnote -__-