Support Brackets: Are They Real?

Good Afternoon,

I know and I have seen them once. There were a support bracket which was screwed in with the card and helped with the weight. I was wondering where can I find this? NO WIRES and NO JACKS.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

A back plate? 

http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u69/EVGA_GTX_480_Backplate.jpg

Depends on what GPU have. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

they come with the case in most situations, however i do think you can mod a case to fit a custom made 1, but they dont look very nice, unless u take the bracket off from the optical and hard-drive bay. in my opinion they are ugly and do nothing but restrict airflow

Character artist in the Games industry.

No not a backplate. This supports the weight to prevent drooping.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

No not a backplate. This supports the weight to prevent drooping.

as long as you secure the gpu correctly, it should be fine in the case, the motherboard and case are designed to support fairly heavy weights, but as long as you don't pull down on them you should be fine

yes there are.

most lian li cases $200+ come with support brackets

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112388

some others have something along the same line like the zalman ms 800

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235039

there are others I just can't recall any more at the moment.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

But the one i was thinkng are aftermarket screw-on brackets.

aftermarket screw on brackets?

IM LOSING YOU MAN,DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT.

but could you clarify?

the zalman one is different,but the lian li is what I figured you had meant.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

As you install the card, you screw it on the case, right? Well these brackets support them by screwing them on the case on the same slot as the card and a finger would hold it all up.

like i said before they are mostly case based, to my knowledge there are no after market ones other than custom made ones. they are mostly pointless though 

• 3 months later...

I was wondering about this as well.. I just purchased an ASUS 4Gb GTX 670 and it is really heavy.. it already comes with a back plate on it but I am still concerned about the GPUs PCIe connection or the motherboards PCIe connection in the long run because the card seems very heavy at the end furthest from the expansion bracket. I have seen cases in the past with GPU supports, can't remember what they were though. I don't think I will tempt fate though and build my own support bracket. Will be cheaper than replacing a GPU in the long run.

11966362.jpg

I would paint it black so it looks aftermarket..

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

powerjack.jpg

Here is a support bracket what came with the powercolour devil 13, if this is similar to what you are talking about. It stands at the bottom of the case and supports the card because its so damn heavy

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

One came with my case, but I don't use it...

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

• 6 months later...

Sorry for my necromancer tendencies but I think I found what you mean. It is very dependent on your GPU however but here is one for the AMD R9 290X and here is another example of how you could do it, the last one is on a gpu cooler however. 

These are at the very least examples of other ways it can be done, since the ones included in most cases are usually just in the way when it comes to airflow. You could of course match it up with a backplate to to be extra sure the PCB doesn't bend.