Boot loop after bios settings change

zedsdeath

I did a BIOS update on my PC successfully, it was supposed to fix some issues. And When I finished the update while booting I got a BSOD "inaccessible boot device" so I went ahead and tried to change some bios settings, I remembered that I already got this issue on another pc and I thought I was the same on this one. By some reason the BIOS after updating had the devices setting set to IDE MODE, I changed to where it was before to AHCI and changed from UEFI and legacy support to just UEFI then saved and exit After that the pc doesn't post, its stuck on a boot loop that doesn't allow me to get into the bios settings. I tries to but for like 2 seconds then turns off and tries again.

I tried the following:

Reset the BIOS shorting the CLR_CMOS pins on the mobo: that didn't do anything

Tried to reset the BIOS settings by removing the CMOS battery: didn't do anything either

Removed the gpu, all the drives, the 4 sticks of ram one at a time: same result.

My mobo has Dual bios so I thought that come in handy but turns out that this second backup bios kicks in JUST when there is a power loss during bios updating.... so it doesn't do anything in my case.

What can I do? what do you advice me to try? im really desperate right now 

edit: im running 4x4gb of kingston ram, an i7 3770, rx 580, corsair cx 650 psu, and this is the mobo manual https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-b75m-d3h_v1.1_e.pdf

10 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

TRY CUTTING POWER WHEN UPDATING BIOS

I would if I could get to update it 

I forgot all the details but if you install Windows under a certain mode (I.E ahci) it will install drivers or other things for that controller. If it is changed it will not boot due to having the wrong setup. I would also check to make sure there are no xmp profiles or anything odd that may mess things up if you can get to the bios. In general, try different settings that make sense. I would say try to revert back if you can or try the update again if the other stuff will not work.

Hope this helps

Do not cut power during bios update !!!!!

A UPS would be ideal when doing this.

it doesnt let me get into the bios settings. I had another board of the same socket and I transfered everything to the new board but I have the exact same issue. Boot loop-No BIOS access.. Tomorrow I will check to see if my cpu died or maybe one of the 4 ram sticks

edit: I have 4 cpus of the same socket so i guess it wont be that hard

5 hours ago, jjbeebe said:

I forgot all the details but if you install Windows under a certain mode (I.E ahci) it will install drivers or other things for that controller. If it is changed it will not boot due to having the wrong setup. I would also check to make sure there are no xmp profiles or anything odd that may mess things up if you can get to the bios. In general, try different settings that make sense. I would say try to revert back if you can or try the update again if the other stuff will not work.

Hope this helps

this is very informative, I can relate to it with some experiences but never thought about it that way. Thanks