Screen going black randomly

Hello

I recently bought a new AOC CQ27G2U/BK monitor, to use as main monitor next to my BENQ RL RL2455HM.

Since I installed the monitor I occasionally have a screen going black for a second, and then the image returns.

For the first few days this happened to the main AOC monitor. I figured it was maybe caused by a driver issue or g-sync issue of some sort. After updating the drivers and disabling g-sync the random blackscreen still returned.

I also tried un/replugging the cables. This did not make any difference either.

After the first few days however, now the random black screen occurs on the BENQ monitor?

I haven't changed any settings since, so i'm not sure whats causing it.

Before using the AOC monitor (using just the BENQ) I never had any issues.

Full system specs below:

CASE: Corsair Graphite 230T (2 stock intake fans, 1 stock rear exhaust and 1 extra top exhaust)

SSD: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1000GB Toshiba 7200RPM + Western Digital Black WD2003FZEX 2TB

PSU: Corsair VS Series VS650

MOBO: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC

MONITORS: AOC CQ27G2U/BK (main) & BENQ RL RL2455HM (second)

Is there anything I can do to resolve this or what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

(If necessary I can upload a video of what the black screen looks like, I managed to capture it with my phone but it's a crappy video)

Do you have carpet in the room the PC is in?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Do you have carpet in the room the PC is in?

No, I have tiles everywhere in my house.

Pretty sure your wires have some problems and if you are using HDMI the cable is probably loose. And if the cable is too long get a shorter one.

Well I guess that doesn't mean it can't be static discharge off your person while in close proximity to your machine.  Does it happen when removing a fleece jacket or something similar?

I ask because my laptop and the attached monitor love to blank when I take off my jacket, but I have carpet.  Though it might also be because of the plastic table with metals legs the laptop sits on.  Or a combination of all it.  The laptop charger sits on a plastic shelving unit and its cable runs briefly across the carpet.   

Does any of that match anything you've experienced?  If not then it's probably not static discharge off your person and I'm sorry I've wasted your time.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, TryHard_Dev said:

Pretty sure your wires have some problems and if you are using HDMI the cable is probably loose. And if the cable is too long get a shorter one.

I'll try and find some other HDMI cables for the BENQ, but it has been using that cable since when I bought it.

For the AOC I only have the DP cable that came with it. Ill try and use it on something else to see if that works.

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

Well I guess that doesn't mean it can't be static discharge off your person while in close proximity to your machine.  Does it happen when removing a fleece jacket or something similar?

I ask because my laptop and the attached monitor love to blank when I take off my jacket, but I have carpet.  Though it might also be because of the plastic table with metals legs the laptop sits on.  Or a combination of all it.  The laptop charger sits on a plastic shelving unit and its cable runs briefly across the carpet.   

Does any of that match anything you've experienced?  If not then it's probably not static discharge off your person and I'm sorry I've wasted your time.  

It also happens when I'm just sitting still in my chair, just moving the mouse and typing.

My desk is made out of wood and the chair is leather. I don't really know if i'm able to build a charge on that? 

Can a static charge effect the monitors without touching, or going close to them?

4 minutes ago, CaptainTimba said:

It also happens when I'm just sitting still in my chair, just moving the mouse and typing.

My desk is made out of wood and the chair is leather. I don't really know if i'm able to build a charge on that? 

Can a static charge effect the monitors without touching, or going close to them?

Well for me the correlation is obvious.  I get shocked and the monitors blank out.  So it doesn't sound like the cause of your monitors going blank.