Problem with Siberia Elite

Obsidian

Great headset, good sound and very comfortable. Only problem i have with is that the sound will turn distorted at random it seems.

It sound exactly like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmgkRFplDc# at 1:14 mark

What did i do when i received the headset?

I connected it to a usb 2.0 port. I installed Engine 3. And the headset was recognized as the 9H? 9H? Ah, there is a firmware update. And installed it. But still 9H? So i reconnected the headset and checked the connections and it was recognized properly in Engine 3, and firmware version was 4.15.0.7.

I played the Titanfall beta for an hour or so and the sound was normal. I watched a Youtube video and the sound got distorted after some time watching; lets say 2 minutes.

If i turn off dolby headset and turn it back on, the distortion is gone. What can this be?

I also contacted Steelseries support but im waiting for 4 days now for a reply....

Why do you even use Dolby outside of games? I wouldn't even use it at all though. But I'd say it's the USB soundcard messing with you in some way, I'd just use the 3,5mm jacks and use onboard audio. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Well for a €150 headset i expect Dolby to work. But to narrow it down i will play with Dolby Headphone disabled. To see if i still get the distortion.

Disabling Dolby Headphone does not resolve the distorted sound!

Disabling or enabling options like Loudness equalization does resolve the distortion. This tells me something is interferring with the headset.

I have checked  "Disable all enhancements". Lets see if it still happens. Maybe im crazy but the headset sounds better now...

But i regret this purchase, i should have bought a Sennheiser.

Disabling Dolby Headphone does not resolve the distorted sound!

Disabling or enabling options like Loudness equalization does resolve the distortion. This tells me something is interferring with the headset.

I have checked  "Disable all enhancements". Lets see if it still happens. Maybe im crazy but the headset sounds better now...

But i regret this purchase, i should have bought a Sennheiser.

Ahem, try just using the 3,5 mm jacks, and see if it works then. it's probably driver or firmware issues on Steelseries' side. 

EDIT: and yes, with "enhancements" disabled, it SHOULD sound better, 

Edited by Lauen

Im sending this piece of crap back and will purchase a Sennheiser. No usb, im done with that stuff. :)

Im thinking about the G4ME Zero.

Im sending this piece of crap back and will purchase a Sennheiser. No usb, im done with that stuff. :)

Lol. 

the G4ame Zero looks pretty, but the PC 360 is usually at a more reasonable price, depending on where you are.

I'd rather get the PC360, unless you want a closed headset, where the PC350SE would probably be just as good for less money.