Pc randomly shuts down without warning.

As the title suggests my computer randomly shuts down without warning. I've had my computer for roughly a yearish maybe more than that. I have an 850W PSU, along with a 1070ti, and an i7 6700k. The Pc is plugged in to an UPS.

There are no error codes present at shutdown, everything just goes dark and turns right back on. At first I thought it was the the cord that I plug into an outlet. (Sometimes it doesn't come back on and I have to jiggle the cord for it to turn back on). I truly think my PSU is dying but maybe its the cord, or the UPS. At this point, I just need some help.

Computers don’t do things randomly.  There has to be a reason.  This cord jiggling issue is worrisome to me.  It implies you have a base power socket  problem separate from any computer issue.  This issue seems dangerous to me, and solving it might be worth doing ignoring whatever problem Amy or may not be present with the computer.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Cvet76 said:

Change the cord. They're a dime a dozen. Check at your local pc repair shop if they'd be willing to sell you one.

Plug your PC straight into the wall outlet and check.

Just did all this. Worked for a day, then the next day it started to mess up again. I think my PSU is dying.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, Bombastinator said:

Computers don’t do things randomly.  There has to be a reason.  This cord jiggling issue is worrisome to me.  It implies you have a base power socket  problem separate from any computer issue.  This issue seems dangerous to me, and solving it might be worth doing ignoring whatever problem Amy or may not be present with the computer.

The PSU socket seems loose with the cable. Any sort of way I can fix this current issue?

45 minutes ago, HECKYEAH said:

The PSU socket seems loose with the cable. Any sort of way I can fix this current issue?

? If its really the socket thats the problem, you will have to replace the entire power supply. I'm not aware of any method allowing you to replace only the socket. It could just as easily be the plug itself that's faulty, so you can try replacing that as well. In the meantime though, is your GPU, operating system and bios all up to date? Many things can cause your computer to go haywire. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

25 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

? If its really the socket thats the problem, you will have to replace the entire power supply. I'm not aware of any method allowing you to replace only the socket. It could just as easily be the plug itself that's faulty, so you can try replacing that as well. In the meantime though, is your GPU, operating system and bios all up to date? Many things can cause your computer to go haywire. 

Everything seems to be up to date. I'm probably going to have to replace my PSU then... Thank you! :(

1 minute ago, HECKYEAH said:

Everything seems to be up to date. I'm probably going to have to replace my PSU then... Thank you! :(

So your bios is indeed up to date then? Are you sure?

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

We can keep guessing and throwing parts at it, or try to see if Windows can tell us the underlying cause.

START Search>>Event Viewer>Custom Views>Administrative Events
Try to pinpoint error that corresponds with shut down. Since it's a critical error it will likely have red warning sign on the left. 

>>ASUS PRIME X570-P>Ryzen 3600X>Corsair H100i v2>GIGABYTE RTX2060 Super OC 3X>4x4GB Corsair Vengeance>XPG SX8200Pro 1TB>Obsidian 750D>Seasonic Platinum 760>2x DELL UltraSharp 24">G305>BlackWidow 2013>>