Ive been having an issue with my pc. 

asus z390-A

I9-9900k

Corsair RM750X PSU

GTX-1080
Corsair h1000i Platinum AIO 

CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2PK 8GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 

(New built / Parts / except gpu)

It’s been two weeks and everything was fine, until one day my screen went black and my pc restarted (AIO went to stock rgb But fans continued to run) and one of the fans connected to the mobo turned off. The ones connected directly to the PSU continued to run, so I concluded that it wasn't the PSU. I opened up my rig and made sure everything was connected properly and everything seemed fine. The next day same issue happened after 2 or 3 hours of playing apex. I constantly check my temps with HWMonitor and everything seemed good cpu was 43c and below and gpu would be around 70c. So Im sure it wasn't a temp issue. Later that week I had no issues, until again my screen went black and my gpu fans went crazy fast but nothing was displaying (Ive had this gpu for 2 years and have never had an issue) I turned off my pc and turned it back on and again everything was fine. In conclusion, this issue occurs after 2-3 hours of gameplay. 
I personally believe it is the Mobo but need your input, I have done multiple diagnostics and got the results of my components being fine. 

Thanks for your time. 

When the black screen happens, is the system responsive?? Hitting the caps lock and watching the light on the keyboard would indicate the system is responsive, you've likely lost the video driver.

If the system is not responsive, then the issue is between other hardware. 

Can't rule out a psu unless you have another known good working one to try the system with. This is one of the best ways to test the PSU. 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hitting the caps lock and watching the light on the keyboard would indicate the system is responsive

wait i never knew that, thats very helpful, thank you

If the display driver crashes in W10, you can recover and reset the driver sub system.

If the system is responsive and it's just a driver crash that doesn't recover, you can force it.

Hit these keys

Win+Ctrl+Shift+B  All at the same time. 

additional comment:

The process takes all of 3 seconds. 

On 2/22/2020 at 3:56 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

When the black screen happens, is the system responsive?? Hitting the caps lock and watching the light on the keyboard would indicate the system is responsive, you've likely lost the video driver.

If the system is not responsive, then the issue is between other hardware. 

Can't rule out a psu unless you have another known good working one to try the system with. This is one of the best ways to test the PSU. 

Even when restarting the pc everything went fine until like 2 hours of playing, then shut off and screen go blank. 

I returned my mobo and cpu and in exchange for a new one. Ill see how it goes and keep yall updated. Everything seems fine as of now.

thanks for your time 

2 minutes ago, PIGGYSLICE said:

Even when restarting the pc everything went fine until like 2 hours of playing, then shut off and screen go blank. 

I returned my mobo and cpu and in exchange for a new one. Ill see how it goes and keep yall updated. Everything seems fine as of now.

thanks for your time 

That's one way to make a diagnosis lol. 

Anyhow, look forward to some screen shots or something. Quote me.,