My Luck With Tech Recently

Liam-McShane

I haven't had the greatest of look recently with my tech. First my 7870 died a couple of months ago which took ages to get another one (Thanks MSI). I quickly got shot of the 7870 and got an ASUS GTX 780 DCUII which, after a week, had a fan develop bad bearings. Sent back to Ebuyer who took 2 weeks to tell me there was no problem. I requested a refund knowing that fan would bite me in the ass later on down the line. That took another week for them to give me the refund. Finally got my money back so i ordered an MSI 290 GAMING from Overclockers since it was on sale. Just now i have noticed one of the fans will not spin. Brilliant just in time for me week off from college -_-.  Going to have to RMA that now. I also bought a B-Grade Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 cooler a couple of days ago. It arrived today with bits missing from the mounting kit. Thankfully Overclockers are happy to take it back with a full refund but first i have contacted Be Quiet to see if they can do anything for me, unlikely i know but it's worth a shot. 

Now i'm just waiting for the rest of my stuff to break. Has anybody else ever had spells of endless RMA's?

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

That sucks D:

Yep. I had one Toshiba laptop that always corrupted its windows install, regardless of the HDD I put in it. We would send it in and it would take like 8 weeks to get back, only for it to corrupt its install again. 

It is now gracefully collecting dust under a table in my house somewhere...

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom freezes from time to time so I'm going to take it back to the store. The RMA will take 15 working days, so yeah, I'll be stuck without a phone until they get their sh*t together and repair it. My gaming headset also broke and that is currently in RMA, in the meanwhile I had to buy some other headphones, while I am waiting for the refund.  

That bad luck...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Well the odds are just not in your favor.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I've never had a doa part, I have however had to wait 8 months to get my rig back from frys because the 640 had a bad fan bering and it took em 8 months to "confirm" what I already told em was wrong. And by the time 8 months was over I was left with a new 640 to rip out the next day and replace with a 660... 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

sad...... :mellow:

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I have had some bad luck just now. Never had to RMA anything ever before last year, since then I had to RMA a mouse, a case and a motherboard. Before 2013 I hadn't even lost a component to being worn out except one graphics card, a Gainward 9800GTX+. (Which died in a particularly nasty spaghetti-coded alpha stage of Rift: Planes of Telara)

If anyone is wondering what three things I had to RMA, it was a Func MS-3, a Cooler Master Elite 130, and an MSI FM2-A75IA-E53.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.