A microphone to go along with the BD Custom One Pro's

D_Guru
Go to solution Solved by _ASSASSIN_,

The Snowflake is 50 euros and the Snowball is 77 euros.

here's where the choice is yours, since the snowflake and the custom one pro's mic are the same price.

I'd personally recommend the snowflake because if you don't like your headphones you can easily change them out without worrying about your mic too much, just don't keep your phone near it because it makes popping noises with the snowflake.

Hello all,

I have recently broken my headset (Plantronics Gamecom 780) and am looking into getting a new one. I have done some looking around and found that the custom one pro's seem to fit my needs pretty well, except for one thing...its a headphone and I need a mic for gaming (Teamspeak as my Voip). 

So, as the title suggests I'm looking for a microphone to go along with the Custom one pro's from Beyerdynamic. 

I have already seen that Beyerdynamic makes a retro fit microphone called the Beyerdynamic Custom one Pro Headset Gear (I believe, link down below), and when I saw the price, 50 euros which was the price of my previous headset, I thought there might be something better that I could find, like perhaps the Blue Snowball?... 

The reason I have doubt is because I primarily use my microphone on Teamspeak in voice activate mode and there is always a bit, not too much, of noise in the background and I really hate Push-to-talk. Besides this I also do occasional voice recordings.

So I guess my final question would be which mic around the price of a snowball or the Headset Gear would fit my needs, which are when summed up:

- Voice activation compatible

- Decently Good sounding

- Reasonably convenient

Thanks in advance,

DGuru

Links:

Custom One Pro Headset Gear - http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-COP-Headset-Gear-Microphone/dp/B00DHBVUCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392390339&sr=1-1&keywords=custom+one+pro+gear

Unless you plan on using these outside I don't recommend a COP for home use, look into something like an ATH AX-700x or DT990's/880's(semi-open) with a fiio e10 with a blue snowflake.

Now then I'm in the US where I can get all this stuff rather cheap, where is you location? If you are in Canada things change.

Ah Euros, well check to see how much all of THAT ^^ costs vs the custom one pro's with a mic. If it costs the same or less get the headphones I recommended with the  amp, if it costs exorbitantly more then you can choose.

Have a look at the Mod-mic, mate had his through yesterday and is very pleased with it!

Unless you plan on using these outside I don't recommend a COP for home use, look into something like an ATH AX-700x or DT990's/880's(semi-open) with a fiio e10 with a blue snowflake.

Now then I'm in the US where I can get all this stuff rather cheap, where is you location? If you are in Canada things change.

I do plan on using these outside every so often, I will still have a look at them though.

I live in the Netherlands.

Have a look at the Mod-mic, mate had his through yesterday and is very pleased with it!

too bad they are sold out all the time >.< otherwise those are amazing, on par if not better than a snowball for the same price, only issue is if you are the person who has lots of headphones it's kind of clunky having to by that metallic piece for each of your headphones :/

I will have a look, hope I can get it here in Europe...

I do plan on using these outside every so often.

I live in the Netherlands.

then you might aswell get the COP's, also see about how much a blue snowflake costs over there.

I'm sorry but the mosaic is a terrible, flimsy implementation. @OP I advise you listen to @_ASSASSIN_ on this one

then you might aswell get the COP's, also see about how much a blue snowflake costs over there.

edit:

Custom one pro's are 160

DT990 is 140 

DT880 is 230

ATH-AD700x is 230

here's where the choice is yours, since the snowflake and the custom one pro's mic are the same price.

I'd personally recommend the snowflake because if you don't like your headphones you can easily change them out without worrying about your mic too much, just don't keep your phone near it because it makes popping noises with the snowflake.

edit:

Custom one pro's are 160

DT990 is 140 

DT880 is 230

ATH-AD700x is 230

well the COP's would technically be cheaper because it doesn't need an amp. So just go with that and you get your portable use.

I measured out my vmoda boompro mic and put the measurements somewhere in this subforum

from everything I've seen I swear you can take a knife and whittle one down to fit into a COP

well the COP's would technically be cheaper because it doesn't need an amp. So just go with that and you get your portable use.

Thank you very much for your help! 

You've quickly helped me with everything I had!

Thank you very much for your help! 

You've quickly helped me with everything I had!

welcome ;)

(also do mark as solved to the most helpful comment to show this thread is solved)