problemo #1

Rossco

so, when I try and boot up my pc nothing happens... then psu fan begins to spin and the power button and kraken x60 lights are on, on the motherboard. when I try turn the pc on however NOTHING HAPPENS??

and suggestions what to do?

specs are in sig

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

Could be RAM, could be graphics card. Those are the two most likely I'd imagine.

Take out your 780 if you haven't already and plug the display into the mobo.

If that still fails to post then take the RAM sticks out one at a time (assuming you have 2x4GB).

Could be RAM, could be graphics card. Those are the two most likely I'd imagine.

Take out your 780 if you haven't already and plug the display into the mobo.

If that still fails to post then take the RAM sticks out one at a time (assuming you have 2x4GB).

I've already taken out the ram and gpu,no luck there

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

Did you plug the power connector to the cpu as well (top left)? Forgot that one once... 

I've already taken out the ram and gpu,no luck there

Well you'd need to have one stick in still. So if it's 2x4GB then swap them out one at a time, it's unlikely both would have gone at the same time.

Next step would be to unplug any unnecessary components such as HDD's, optical etc, just to narrow down the issue.

Did you plug the power connector to the cpu as well (top left)? Forgot that one once...

yep all the connectors are plugged in

Build Log 

Well you'd need to have one stick in still. So if it's 2x4GB then swap them out one at a time, it's unlikely both would have gone at the same time.

Next step would be to unplug any unnecessary components such as HDD's, optical etc, just to narrow down the issue.

I don't have any unnecessary components plugged in tbh.. a hdd which has no power and that's it :(

Build Log 

I don't have any unnecessary components plugged in tbh.. a hdd which has no power and that's it :(

Do you have the speaker header plugged into the mobo? If so, then see if you can get a beep error code when powering on. If you don't have the speaker, take a look in the mobo retail box and see if it's tucked away somewhere inside there.

Do you have the speaker header plugged into the mobo? If so, then see if you can get a beep error code when powering on. If you don't have the speaker, take a look in the mobo retail box and see if it's tucked away somewhere inside there.

there's no speaker in the box..

Build Log 

Could it be a monitor issue?

nope, there's no fans spinning or anything so I'm guessing it's pc related

Build Log 

Does the water pump on the Kraken start?

I don't think so no...

Build Log 

I don't think so no...

I'm guessing you've checked the power pins on the board for the water pump? I'd imagine there's a failsafe especially with a 4770k.

I'm guessing you've checked the power pins on the board for the water pump? I'd imagine there's a failsafe especially with a 4770k.

I changed the pump to the optional cpu header, when I turn the pc on the debug led just flashes then goes off, what could his be?

Build Log 

I changed the pump to the optional cpu header, when I turn the pc on the debug led just flashes then goes off, what could his be?

It would be motherboard dependant. Check the manual for the mobo. How many flashes?

It would be motherboard dependant. Check the manual for the mobo. How many flashes?

it's not a debug flash, it's more like it goes on then goes off again :/

Build Log 

it's not a debug flash, it's more like it goes on then goes off again :/

So are you saying that's what normally happens when you boot up when it functions properly?  If that's not the case, then that flashing would be an error code it's giving. Just one flash?

Unfortunately, Gigabyte's server is stupendously slow so I'm struggling to download the manual.

So are you saying that's what normally happens when you boot up when it functions properly?  If that's not the case, then that flashing would be an error code it's giving. Just one flash?

Unfortunately, Gigabyte's server is stupendously slow so I'm struggling to download the manual.

I'm trying to post the system, and when I press the power button the psu fan begins spinning and the debug led flashes once and stays off permanently until I turn the system off from the psu and back on and repeat that. Idk if I've fcked something when sleeving the power supply or if it's a motherboard error...

Build Log 

I'm trying to post the system, and when I press the power button the psu fan begins spinning and the debug led flashes once and stays off permanently until I turn the system off from the psu and back on and repeat that. Idk if I've fcked something when sleeving the power supply or if it's a motherboard error...

Going back to basics here, but stay with me.... Make sure 100% all connections are in properly, such as the 20+4 pin mobo connection.

Going back to basics here, but stay with me.... Make sure 100% all connections are in properly, such as the 20+4 pin mobo connection.

all connections are in, there is obviously some communication between the psu and mobo as the psu is turning on and there are light on the motherboard

Build Log 

all connections are in, there is obviously some communication between the psu and mobo as the psu is turning on and there are light on the motherboard

Right, but it might be getting some power, but not enough to fully boot up. For example, you could have the 20 pin in, but not the 4 pin. It'll still light up, but it won't post.

However, assuming all power connections are in securely, I'll move onto the next most likely components.

Is your motherboard grounded properly with the risers? Have you overclocked your cpu? I'm guessing you've at least looked into it as you have the k edition ;).