[Escape from Tarkov] Both screen loosing signal

MorderNo

Helo everyone,

I bought this game more than a year ago, at this time i could play without any problems (Just low fps but it's my outdated pc)

Here i am now, few month later trying to play again... BUT ! 

When i'm starting a game, after between 2 - 10 min both my screen are shutting down (Signal not found, No hdmi signal blablabla). Only way too boot them up again is forcing my pc to shutdown
And i'm still in the game because i keep the music, footsteps and stuff like that (Can't shoot tho it's like it reduce to windows)

I tried to lower graphics, change resolution, removing one screen but nothing... They are going off

GPU : Zotac GTX970
Ram : 8GB DDR3
CPU : i5 3550

Another thing, I have a fan on the GPU doing a weird noise. And my guess is he is dead or almost. May this thing be not cooling my GPU well enough and the GPU shut the screens down ? 

THanks for replying. Thanks for taking time reading me ! 

Regards,

MorderNo

Just loosing signal could be driver related. If you are using latest drivers, roll them back few versions to see if that helps. I personally don't see point of keeping GPU drivers up to date if you have older GPU or aren't playing newest games. If games work with old drivers, no point to change.

But as GPU is having other issues. Have you tried to run stress test to replicate this? Those will log temps etc. so you can see if overheating is the issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Just loosing signal could be driver related. If you are using latest drivers, roll them back few versions to see if that helps. I personally don't see point of keeping GPU drivers up to date if you have older GPU or aren't playing newest games. If games work with old drivers, no point to change.

But as GPU is having other issues. Have you tried to run stress test to replicate this? Those will log temps etc. so you can see if overheating is the issue.

Not a bad idea, I ll try to rollback few version before ! 

Any stress test to recommend ? 

Thanks for replying tho :) 

1 minute ago, MorderNo said:

Not a bad idea, I ll try to rollback few version before ! 

Any stress test to recommend ? 

Thanks for replying tho :) 

Unigine Heaven is good. As it runs in a windowed mode, you can use Afterburner or something else to watch what GPU does.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Unigine Heaven is good. As it runs in a windowed mode, you can use Afterburner or something else to watch what GPU does.

I ll try all of that and i'm keeping you updated if you agree :) 

Thanks for the help ! 

45 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ok so i ran the test in High i got result and it went "well" 

But after that i tried to put it in extreme and BOUM. Both screen shut down, no signal again ! So, my GPU is dead ? or not cool enough 

1 minute ago, MorderNo said:

Ok so i ran the test in High i got result and it went "well" 

But after that i tried to put it in extreme and BOUM. Both screen shut down, no signal again ! So, my GPU is dead ? or not cool enough 

Did you monitor temps while running tests? I can't answer without seeing actual numbers. But all things considered, you might need to look for replacement GPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Did you monitor temps while running tests? I can't answer without seeing actual numbers. But all things considered, you might need to look for replacement GPU.

I ll try to monitor but since they are shuting down after a while i might not see what is happening, will try 

9 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

First test : 

Windowed (1920x1071)
Preset : Custom

Quality : Medium 
DX11

Max temp is 93°C ! 

I might have a cooling problem

My guess is in extreme it pass over 105 and goes off to prevent damages. Should i try to run in extreme again ? 

4 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

First test : 

Windowed (1920x1071)
Preset : Custom

Quality : Medium 
DX11

Max temp is 93°C ! 

I might have a cooling problem

My guess is in extreme it pass over 105 and goes off to prevent damages. Should i try to run in extreme again ? 

I think we have enough data there. If cooling was working properfly, it wouldn't go over 85C. And if the fan is making odd noise, and not just resonating, then that one is goner.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I think we have enough data there. If cooling was working properfly, it wouldn't go over 85C. And if the fan is making odd noise, and not just resonating, then that one is goner.

Is that easy to replace fan on a GPU ? If yes, do you have any to recommendation for a Zotac GTX 970 ?

Yep that noise couldnt be normal haha

28 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Is that easy to replace fan on a GPU ? If yes, do you have any to recommendation for a Zotac GTX 970 ?

Yep that noise couldnt be normal haha

No. There are really few aftermarket coolers. You have Artic Accelero and NZXT G10 (and some lesser known brands). Actually the replacing part is rather easy. You just need to have patience and non-conductive thermal paste. There are just fans too, but you would need to have some experience in electronics for those, I imagine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

No. There are really few aftermarket coolers. You have Artic Accelero and NZXT G10 (and some lesser known brands). Actually the replacing part is rather easy. You just need to have patience and non-conductive thermal paste. There are just fans too, but you would need to have some experience in electronics for those, I imagine.

Well i openned my case  and in fact. on of the 2 fan fell off... Gonna try to pull out the GPU and fix it. It's hold by screws so i don't know how i ll do it. Do you think bit of glue or something like that will hold it ? (Not putting to much or it ll become useless tho)

38 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Well i openned my case  and in fact. on of the 2 fan fell off... Gonna try to pull out the GPU and fix it. It's hold by screws so i don't know how i ll do it. Do you think bit of glue or something like that will hold it ? (Not putting to much or it ll become useless tho)

My knowledge ends here. So better try and find some videos about fixing GPU fans. I know someone here made guide about it too, but not sure about that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

My knowledge ends here. So better try and find some videos about fixing GPU fans. I know someone here made guide about it too, but not sure about that.

Thanks for all the help anyway