PC restarts when under load

Mathew_

Hello, i've come here to ask you uys for some help regarding my PC. So first of all and i know you shouldnt do that but i did i built my pc out of mustly used parts when i mean mostly i mean i just bought the case new sadly (beacuse it was a better option money wise). With that out of the way here is my rig: CPU: i5 3570k motherboard: ASRock H61M-VG3 system memory: Corsair vengeance LP 8GB 2x4 DDR3 GPU: AMD Radein R9 270X gaming from MSI PSU: Silentium PC vero l1 500w Cooler: Scythe katana 4 Case: Everest Rampage RACER (with a 12cm fan) HDD: WD Blue 500gb Windows 10 Thermal paste (under GPU and CPU) BeQuiet DC1. So the PC restarts when i play games and or try to run benchamarks that are GPU intensive like Fur Mark or Fortnite. I also did some tests with the OCCT benchmarks  and 2 of them restart my pc and says that there are problems detected these are: GPU:3D (almost immediately restarts the system but not always sometimes it stays for longer) POWER SUPPLY (also fails same like the GPU 3D does) and GPU:MEMTEST wich dosent fail but it detects problems of some kind but sadly i dont know how to acess them to know what they are. Fur Mark as said before does the same thing as the OCCR version sometimes it lasts longer sometimes immediately reboots the rig. My card had its thermal paste cganged 2 times at this point wich did help with the thermals but it wasnt the thermals that were the issue on anything. Now im just both mentaly and phisicly exhausted cuz of this rig so thats why i came here im out of ideas of what it could be. So please any advice help is going to be just amazing im a 14 year old who just wants to play some games with his friends at this point if i dont find anything than im switching to playstation.

It sounds like it might be a power supply issue. In theory 500watts should be enough for your hardware so it might just be that the unit is having issues. It's only 80 plus white certified and it's from a brand I've never heard of. Since you say it's crashing while benmarking or stresstesting it sounds like when the power supply is loaded, that's when you have issues. I can't tell for for sure that the psu is the problem but if you have another one at your disposal you could try that and see what happens or if you don't you could try to use monitoring software to see if it crashes at a consistent power draw. If it consistenly crashes at similar wattages then that might be an indication that it's bad.

7 minutes ago, KineticStorm said:

It sounds like it might be a power supply issue. In theory 500watts should be enough for your hardware so it might just be that the unit is having issues. It's only 80 plus white certified and it's from a brand I've never heard of. Since you say it's crashing while benmarking or stresstesting it sounds like when the power supply is loaded, that's when you have issues. I can't tell for for sure that the psu is the problem but if you have another one at your disposal you could try that and see what happens or if you don't you could try to use monitoring software to see if it crashes at a consistent power draw. If it consistenly crashes at similar wattages then that might be an indication that it's bad.

So in OCCT i could see the watages wich one should i look for?

If it's not overheating then it's probably the powersupply, wattage calculators are pretty BS so don't use those. Personally I'd just replace it especially if it's pretty old. Go for a 550W 80+ Gold from a reputable brand.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If it's not overheating then it's probably the powersupply, wattage calculators are pretty BS so don't use those. Personally I'd just replace it especially if it's pretty old. Go for a 550W 80+ Gold from a reputable brand.

Corsair or a BeQuiet is ok? And is it defiently not the gpu or motherboard cuz i dont wanna mess this up

12 minutes ago, Mathew_ said:

Corsair or a BeQuiet is ok? And is it defiently not the gpu or motherboard cuz i dont wanna mess this up

Corsair and Bequiet are good, you can try a couple other things first. Make sure all drivers are up to date, do a DDU on the GPU and reinstall the drivers using Adrenalin 2020. If it is crashing during any graphically intensive loads then it's going to either be the GPU having driver issues, power issues, or it's bad. If you uninstall and reinstall the drivers fresh and it still happens your next option is replacing the PSU if even after the PSU is replaced it still happens then it's probably the GPU. You could also try testing the GPU in another PC and see if it has the same issues if it does the same thing in a separate computer then you will know the GPU is bad.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Corsair and Bequiet are good, you can try a couple other things first. Make sure all drivers are up to date, do a DDU on the GPU and reinstall the drivers using Adrenalin 2020. If it is crashing during any graphically intensive loads then it's going to either be the GPU having driver issues, power issues, or it's bad. If you uninstall and reinstall the drivers fresh and it still happens your next option is replacing the PSU if even after the PSU is replaced it still happens then it's probably the GPU. You could also try testing the GPU in another PC and see if it has the same issues if it does the same thing in a separate computer then you will know the GPU is bad.

Hey so a quick thing i may add that just happend i opened up roblox and like after a minute it crashed not evrything even loeaded in so i wait for my pc to boot to windows and try again and it failed once again after like 20 second just thought it may help but im gonna try maybe my card in a diffrent setup and see there thanks for the help guys.

10 hours ago, Mathew_ said:

Silentium PC vero l1 500w

Firstly this psu is quite low quality I would recommend swapping it for something decent, Corsair, BeQuiet, Bitfenix or something like that. If you need help choosing new psu let me know how much you can spend and where you from. 
Other thing is you didn’t mentioned any temps of the system, it may be that gpu is overheating and shutting down system, I know you mentioned changing thermal paste on gpu for new one so maybe you didn’t screw it properly so die and heatsink don’t make good contact. 
What you can try is in msi afterburner decrease power limit and see if this make any change, if it does most likely it’s psu fault.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

3 hours ago, Whiro said:

Firstly this psu is quite low quality I would recommend swapping it for something decent, Corsair, BeQuiet, Bitfenix or something like that. If you need help choosing new psu let me know how much you can spend and where you from. 
Other thing is you didn’t mentioned any temps of the system, it may be that gpu is overheating and shutting down system, I know you mentioned changing thermal paste on gpu for new one so maybe you didn’t screw it properly so die and heatsink don’t make good contact. 
What you can try is in msi afterburner decrease power limit and see if this make any change, if it does most likely it’s psu fault.

Right so the GPU is screwed properly and evrything is connected properly, the temps are normal escpecially beacuse under stress tests for gpus it retarts sometimes instantly even tho i just turned it on. Im from Poland and honestly i dont know how much i will be able to spend especially becuse my birthday is coming up in like 3 weeks but i was thinking of some cooler master if you want i can let you know in a bit how bid will be my budget thanks firt the help tho.

28 minutes ago, Mathew_ said:

Right so the GPU is screwed properly and evrything is connected properly, the temps are normal escpecially beacuse under stress tests for gpus it retarts sometimes instantly even tho i just turned it on. Im from Poland and honestly i dont know how much i will be able to spend especially becuse my birthday is coming up in like 3 weeks but i was thinking of some cooler master if you want i can let you know in a bit how bid will be my budget thanks firt the help tho.

You can also try the msi afterburner method which I mentioned before, this should show if the psu is the actual problem. 
You can hit me through pm 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS