Which distro?

This is a continuation of this post: 

Should I install Xubuntu 18.04 or Linux Mint Cinnamon or is there something that looks like Xubuntu and Cinnamon but it would use less ram because I have only 1.5gb of ram?

xfce (and so Xubuntu) should use less RAM than Cinnamon, but it likely won't be by a huge amount.  You can always install both and see how you find the difference in performance.

My classmate dropped my installation disk and it scratched alot and it didn't work anymore so I installed Ubuntu but my teacher in mistake turned of the main electricity power and everything turned off in the middle of installation. I have to wait an entire week to try again. ?

Is this your first Linux installation? If so, I recommend Linux Mint.  Pretty much everything works out of the box and it is easy to install common applications like Spotify, Skype, Chrome, VLC, Steam, etc. 

It all comes down to what you like to do most.

If it's gaming, I recommend PopOS.  It is an Ubuntu based distribution which means it uses the apt/debs/ppas (all 3 used for installing programs), and they use a more recent kernel. They also have phenomenal support for graphics cards, and they package their install media specific for either AMD/Intel or nVidia graphics cards.  

Whatever distro you end up using, I recommend installing the cinnamon desktop environment.  It's the closest to windows while also being more polished than others.  There are simpler ones out there that look close to Windows like xfce, lxde, lxqt, etc. but I recommend cinnamon because it's more feature rich.  Once you get used to using your Linux distro with cinnamon you can explore new desktop environments and choose the ones you like.

I have been using Linux for many years (over 10) and although I've become very comfortable with the command line, with Linux Mint and PopOS, you can use it for a long while without even needing to open up a terminal.  I'm distro hop quite a bit, but my main distro is Linux Mint Cinnamon for multimedia/web browsing/productivity.  For anything else I chose a distro that works better for that type of activity.  I'm not a HUGE gamer, but my gaming PC is running PopOS without a question. 

If you have a newer PC consider a multi boot setup so you can try multiple distros.  Let me know if you want the easy way to partition your drives if you will be installing and reinstalling different distros all the time.

Thank you so much but this is not my first time with Linux. I just don't know the differences between distros. I wanted to install Zorin OS (personal favorite) on the computer but, as I already said:

On 2/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, Mr. Veink said:

My classmate dropped my installation disk and it scratched alot and it didn't work anymore so I installed Ubuntu but my teacher in mistake turned of the main electricity power and everything turned off in the middle of installation. I have to wait an entire week to try again. ?

I could install the os at home but I don't have a port for IDE hard drives.

Tänks