Cable Management Guide (no Fancy Sleeved Cables)

timarp000

What he's trying to say is that, while the guide can be helpful to some, others may be confused,

with just a little more time and effort I'm sure you can add some flair to this guide!

Very nice try!

No I think this has got to be one of the most fail guides I've ever seen. I literally cannot tell what the difference in the two photos are other than the removal of the molex connector.

Most people on this forum need to get a grip with reality and call a spade a spade.... if someone I knew was looking for a guide on cable management, I wouldn't even consider linking them to this thread. 

@OP Do better work before you claim something is a guide on LTT. This is where a lot of people on youtube just getting into computers are probably coming for help and when they see crap like this thread it just str8 up isn't helpful and makes the rest of LTT look amateur.

In fact I think to even get the word "Guide" in your thread name it should have to be approved by the mods. There's been a lot of good guides on here. The cable sleeving one is fantastic for example, this one doesn't quite make the cut, in my opinion, of being titled "guide" on LTT.

/rant

You know what I just re-read the OP and I'm even more baffled than the first time I read this....... in case you didn't read the steps to this guide here it is... I'll re-type the whole thing.

1. Replace molex connectors with real sata cables

2. Pull the slack out of the cables.

3. Done

Then he goes on to claim that "Anyone" can benefit from reading this.

It's just so unbelievably lazy. 

I don't even...

• 1 month later...

You know what I just re-read the OP and I'm even more baffled than the first time I read this....... in case you didn't read the steps to this guide here it is... I'll re-type the whole thing.

1. Replace molex connectors with real sata cables

2. Pull the slack out of the cables.

3. Done

Then he goes on to claim that "Anyone" can benefit from reading this.

It's just so unbelievably lazy. 

I don't even...

You are quite right here, this does seem like a rather strange guide BUT in defense of the OP I would say good cable management cannot be learned through guides, as different setups require different ways to route, etc. Although I say that, the build/cable management guide done by Andre (link) in this forum itself, is quite brilliant, as he talks about the decisions he took to route and reroute cables and the thought process that goes into serious cable management. 

So OP if you are reading this, do go through his youtube video/thread and realise cable management isnt much of a 3 step, or an A-B-C process, requires quite a lot of thought (and sleepless nights where you are terrorized by ugly looking molex connectors popping out from behind the motherboard tray!)

maybe offtopic, but isn't it smarter to make sure that you CPU-coolingfan is on the other side of the heatsink? The warm air from the CPU cooler will be out the case faster because it is getting blown to the outlit fan on the back of the case. (please correct me if i'm wrong!)

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink