Automatic USB tethering?

Redturtle098

Hi!

So, just wondering if any of you have had success in automatically tethering your phone to your computer, through a USB connection?

I'm trying to alter my internet connection from the router (or using cellular data) to my phone, then to the computer as soon as I plug it in, and connect it up (i.e. the phone acts as an adapter). I have to do this fairly frequently, and going into settings on my phone to manually turn on usb tethering is getting a bit annoying tbh.

I've done a bit of research into it, and for the most part, it seems like it's extremely difficult to do with the current android security features. Unless I root it, and then use a third party app, which I'm not too keen on doing. But maybe there could be another way to automate this process without rooting it? Let me know what you think!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

i don't see any point of usb tethering when wifi tethering is good enough nowadays.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

i don't see any point of usb tethering when wifi tethering is good enough nowadays.

Maybe. Except I don't have an adapter for my computer atm, so it's the only way for my PC to get an internet connection wirelessly . I'd just go straight from my router to my computer if it weren't the case haha. Would still be good to know how to do it, just in case something happens in the future which requires it