Black screen of Death after Ubuntu logo

Just tried to install ubuntu 13.10 following this guide 

I have the same mobo, After clicking on Install Ubuntu I got a voilet screen with ubuntu logo just like he did in the tutorial but after that I got black screen of death with cursor, now if I keep moving the cursor I see the borderlines for a box.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

Try LiLi to make the Linux USB

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Try LiLi to make the Linux USB

Do I need to make the Linux on the same computer or can I use another??

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

Do I need to make the Linux on the same computer or can I use another??

Doesn't matter which computer you use to make the USB

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Doesn't matter which computer you use to make the USB

well, I did make the USB properly, that's not the issue, its something with video card compatibility related issue coz it doesn't have drivers for it.

Basic graphics drivers come on the live media, this should be enough to install from. I haven't to time to watch the video, what system are you using?

Also how long have you left it to load? Having a mouse that works means the X server is still running fine. It could just be taking a while to load.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Basic graphics drivers come on the live media, this should be enough to install from. I haven't to time to watch the video, what system are you using?

Also how long have you left it to load? Having a mouse that works means the X server is still running fine. It could just be taking a while to load.

Windows 7 right now, the gpu is 280x. I've left it for quite some time, I dont think that is the issue. But i'm using 2* 280x's, can that be the issue??

That sounds like it would cause problems, install using on board graphics then fix things to use the cards

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

That sounds like it would cause problems, install using on board graphics then fix things to use the cards

Can't use onboard graphics, my display only has Hdmi port and only Gpu has that.

Okay, pull one card out and yet that, else you need to find a way to use the on board graphics.. (2x280xs and one HDMI screen? Sounds like you had your money priorities wrong..)

Okay, pull one card out and yet that, else you need to find a way to use the on board graphics.. (2x280xs and one HDMI screen? Sounds like you had your money priorities wrong..)

To mine, lol

Taking out the second card worked.

Now, when I start my computer, I'm straight into windows cant boot to linux..