First build - Would love feedback before I order!

Hello there!

I'm about to order my very first PC, and I'm super excited! I've been thinking about this purchase for a while now, and I have decided to buy it. I will primarily be using the PC for gaming. I play a lot of different games and therefore, I would like to be able to play 'em all. I don't play FPS games though, but I might get interested in it again. I will be ordering from Denmark, since I live there of course, and the prices are a bit different, especially when it comes to Video Cards. As it looks right now, the 780 and the 290 is even in terms of price.

I have a mice as well as a keyboard, but I need OS and monitor.

I would prefer to get a nVidia card because I've had the best experiences with those, but I'm of course open for any suggestions.

Since it's my first PC, I won't be overclocking right away, but I plan on doing so when I've tested the parts and how they perform. I will not be trying to get OC records or push my components to the limits. I'll just be playing around with it! I am somewhat of a temperature freak, and therefore I've prioritized cooling a lot..!

So, this is what I have found myself: https://www.komplett.dk/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=receive&si=1338786&su=81D78F7C-08D9-4421-A56B-E0B1EF9CF446

Paired with this monitor: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Perfect-Pixel-27-QNIX-QX2710-Evo-ll-Matte-QHD-2560x1440-PLS-Monitor-/271375013937?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3f2f361831#shpCntId

I hope I can get some awesome feedback! Thanks in advance :D

I would invest in an sdd because you can get a 120 gb one for 600 dkk. Also, I wouldn't feel confortable having a 650w PSU because I like my PSU to have some breathing room.

Please do not get that wireless card. I have the same model, it doesn't work as advertised with 5ghz bandwith. It rarely finds a connection, when it does it hardly connects. These issues are widespread and I didn't know about them until I was troubleshooting the card. Take a look at the asus pce-n15 instead. The problems I have are so common it is ridiculous, I do not recommend the card to anyone. 

Otherwise it looks solid, except possibly add an ssd for the boot drive. You can get a cruical 120gb for like $100. Well worth the investment in my opinion.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

No point getting such an expensive cpu cooler when what you're doing is gaming. A 212 Evo is more appropriate for the value.

Why such an expensive motherboard?

Psu is a bit overkill. A gold 550w is already plenty. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's a good build! But you could Maybe go for a cheaper CPU cooler, for example the hyper 212. And i would go for a corsair or some other quality Brand on the PSU, instead of the cooler master one. Just because i have bad experiences with cooler master's.

I will be getting a SSD, but probably next month or so. Is it doable to copy the OS to a SSD from the HDD, or would it be easier to buy the SSD first and then get a HDD. Because I may have a HDD that works from one of my friends, but I'm not entirely sure if it actually works. And I wanna mention that I am currently using around 150GB on my laptop and that is filled with pictures and stuff. So I easily think that I can limit myself to the 120GB until I know if the HDD works. 

Wouldn't I limit myself in terms of wattage in the longer run with a 550w Gold? That was why I initially looked at the 650w model!

Wireless card changed to the one you linked. Would I get any performance boost by picking this model instead? It's very slightly pricier, but it doesn't matter if it's better! https://www.komplett.dk/asus-pce-n53-11n-n600-pci-e-adapter/756059#!tab:reviews

Well, as I said, I am a bit of a freak when it comes to temperatures, and I would rather make sure that my CPU runs super cold, than saving the money!

What about the Video Card? Would the 290 be better? Or should I get the 780 with a different cooler?

Thanks for the feedback!

not much maybe some 1833 memory as well as a larger psu 750 plus ssd samsungs evo ssd's are cheap and a reliable option. Don't put an old hdd in the build and transfering the os is more work than just waiting for a hdd. Evga's acx cooler is great and evga has great customer support.

I will be getting a SSD, but probably next month or so. Is it doable to copy the OS to a SSD from the HDD, or would it be easier to buy the SSD first and then get a HDD. Because I may have a HDD that works from one of my friends, but I'm not entirely sure if it actually works. And I wanna mention that I am currently using around 150GB on my laptop and that is filled with pictures and stuff. So I easily think that I can limit myself to the 120GB until I know if the HDD works. 

Wouldn't I limit myself in terms of wattage in the longer run with a 550w Gold? That was why I initially looked at the 650w model!

Wireless card changed to the one you linked. Would I get any performance boost by picking this model instead? It's very slightly pricier, but it doesn't matter if it's better! https://www.komplett.dk/asus-pce-n53-11n-n600-pci-e-adapter/756059#!tab:reviews

Well, as I said, I am a bit of a freak when it comes to temperatures, and I would rather make sure that my CPU runs super cold, than saving the money!

What about the Video Card? Would the 290 be better? Or should I get the 780 with a different cooler?

Thanks for the feedback!

get a cheaper mobo. and the 290x runs hotter but performs better. if you can deal with the temps and the extra noise then you should go for the 290x

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

Jeg ville bestille fra Topdata.dk, de har tingene meget billligere og samlet på forhånd. Jeg bestilte min nuværende PC fra dem et år siden og har ikke haft problemer med den :) Sådan var det i hvert fald da jeg bestilte min. De har også god support, de hjalp mig med at finde de Steam-koder der fulgte med.

Translation: I would order from Topdata.dk, they have the stuff much cheaper and preassembled. I ordered my current PC from them a year ago and i haven't had any issues with it :) That was how it was when i ordered mine. They also have great support, they helped me find my Steam-keys that came with it.

My rig: i5 3570k 3.4 GHz, XFX Radeon HD 7950, 8GB 1600MHz Kingston RAM, ASUS P8B75-M, Cooler Master K350, 500GB WD, 550w XFX PSU.

Peripherals: ASUS full HD VE228DE, Razer Taipan, Logitech K200 keyboard (not the best, lol), Wireless PS3 stereo headset (very nice sound).

120GB shoudl be fine if you're not a space hog.

minecraft_spaaaace_pig_by_skydoesminecra

Not at all. A good 550w psu is plenty.

The difference between the cards shouldn't be noticeable.

The 212 Evo is plenty for cooling your cpu.

Either the 780 or 290 is fine.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Since youre going for the Maximus VI Hero I would recommend to go for the (C2) version! Its quite hard to get but its way more stable when you are overclocking!

Since youre going for the Maximus VI Hero I would recommend to go for the (C2) version! Its quite hard to get but its way more stable when you are overclocking!

The C2 version? I can't really seem to find any boards named that.. Could you perhaps throw a link? Doesn't have to be a danish vendor, I just wanna see it! :)

Bought mine right there: http://www.arlt.com/Hardware/PC-Komponenten/Mainboards/Intel/Sockel-1150/ASUS-Z87-Maximus-VI-Hero-C2.html

Germany store only in my region though...

Ah okay! I may have found it here in Denmark. Could it be this one: http://www.proshop.dk/Bundkort/ASUS-MAXIMUS-VI-HERO-(C2)-Haswell-2420914.html?utm_source=pricerunner&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pricesite

And what makes the difference between the C2 and the non-C2? They are at exact same price point!

And what makes the difference between the C2 and the non-C2? They are at exact same price point!

I'm not that into it but I heard its the stepping. The first Haswell mobos had bugs and with C2 version they where fixed...