PC Freezing randomly?

BovinePoptart

Whats up LTT forum, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a freezing issue I've been having on my pc.

My specs are:

Ryzen 2600

RX 580

Team T-Force Delta RGB 16gb ram

Asus TUF b450m plus mobo

Patriot Burst 240gb sata III ssd

seagate barracuda 2tb hdd

evga supernova 750 G+ psu

Ok, so here's my problem. Starting a few weeks ago my computer will randomly just freeze, the fans and everything are still running, but I have to hard reset to do anything again. It happened more and more until I reinstalled windows and then it was good for a while before happening again. I've been told conflicting answers on whether it's a hardware or software issue and I wanna narrow it down before I spend a bunch of money on new components unnecessarily. It stays on for way longer if I leave my pc off overnight/for a few hours; and If I leave my pc on without resetting it it will get really hot too. That made me think it was a heating issue but it's not hot at all when it first freezes up, and I've monitored the temps and cpu/ram usage before the lock ups and everything seems normal up till then. I'd also like to add it's never actually froze during gameplay at all yet either.

That's the hardware side, for the software side I've been told any number of drivers can cause that pretty much, and I've been making sure everythings up to date to no avail.

Appreciate any ideas and help, I'll continue to make sure my drivers/software is fine as I monitor this thread, thanks!

do you have enough space on your os partition how often did it happen ? if it happen multiple time a day you could try to run linus i guess that could tell you if it is harware or software 

sorry for the bad english it is a second language to me

32 minutes ago, Techea said:

Try another gpu if you have a spare. Most likely gpus do this kind of things when they get hot. 

I don't have a spare gpu sadly, but I'm thinking if the problem persists by this friday when I get paid, I'll buy a new gpu and motherboard since I was needing to upgrade some time anyway.

33 minutes ago, chibugamo said:

do you have enough space on your os partition how often did it happen ? if it happen multiple time a day you could try to run linus i guess that could tell you if it is harware or software 

I have most of the space on my ssd free, out of 240gb 170 is free. My HDD is running kinda low at about 30% free but idk if that'd cause it. Thanks for the linux tip too, I hadn't thought about that but sometime tomorrow when I get home I'll try and install it to see what happens

just to be sure you know you can install linux on a usb stick and boot on it? you dont have to reinstall your rig

sorry for the bad english it is a second language to me

14 hours ago, BovinePoptart said:

I don't have a spare gpu sadly, but I'm thinking if the problem persists by this friday when I get paid, I'll buy a new gpu and motherboard since I was needing to upgrade some time anyway.

I have most of the space on my ssd free, out of 240gb 170 is free. My HDD is running kinda low at about 30% free but idk if that'd cause it. Thanks for the linux tip too, I hadn't thought about that but sometime tomorrow when I get home I'll try and install it to see what happens

In the meantime shutdown unplug the gpu take it out of the slot and put it back in and connect back the power slot. It might fix it.